McDrivers anyone Lovin' it?

Been offered work at a more than decent hourly rate (better than supermarkets). Doing deliveries to everyones second favourite truck drivers restaurant (after Greggs obvs…).

On paper the agency are making it sound to good to be true. 2 to 3 drops max. Paid 10 hours and only doing 5/6. Etc…

I’ve done store deliveries before. I’ve pulled loads of cages. None of that worries me. I know it will be kerbside and a bit annoying.

But I’ve not done McDelivering. So what is the score lads? If anyone has done it and wants to give me the heads up I’d be really grateful. I totally understand it will only be until January and then I’ll be dropped like an ugly girl when you sober up. I’m okay with that.

Is it Martin bowers? I tipped once at the Heywood depot and was chatting to a couple of drivers while I waited. They seemed happy, said money is really good. Poor management, shift times all over the place, and like you said city centre kerbside or pedestrianised area drops. But they did seem to make a point about the money making that worth while and like I said seemed happy.

An old mate from the Army does it, Absolutely hates it. Shifts all over the place, rubbish management, pain in the arse to deliver to, the staff in the shop are rude and talk to you like ■■■■ (I know, McDonald’s staff with a superiority complex). But he did say the money is OK.

I’m lead to believe starting at mid-night is classed as days.

As stated plenty of cage pulling, also a lot of cage shuffling as the frozen is up front behind chilled stuff, so you have move that to get your frozen, then put your empties on.

Also look at the drive throughs and think where am going to put this 45ft trailer, while joe public desperately wants their Big Mac

Sixties boy:
Also look at the drive throughs and think where am going to put this 45ft trailer, while joe public desperately wants their Big Mac

They have their separate areas for deliveries, though, don’t they? I’ve seen rigids tip there but never an artic tbh.

No doubt there will be some tricky locations to get to, like town centers :grimacing:

ETS:

Sixties boy:

They have their separate areas for deliveries, though, don’t they? I’ve seen rigids tip there but never an artic tbh.

No doubt there will be some tricky locations to get to, like town centers :grimacing:

Not all the time. The one by me I see they have to pull into a (full) KFC car park and reverse through a (full) Mcd’s car park where someone hopefully hasn’t parked in coned off bays. Then he has to take his cages through the drive through sometimes waiting in line as the queue moves along.

sammym:
Been offered work at a more than decent hourly rate (better than supermarkets). Doing deliveries to everyones second favourite truck drivers restaurant (after Greggs obvs…).

On paper the agency are making it sound to good to be true. 2 to 3 drops max. Paid 10 hours and only doing 5/6. Etc…

I’ve done store deliveries before. I’ve pulled loads of cages. None of that worries me. I know it will be kerbside and a bit annoying.

But I’ve not done McDelivering. So what is the score lads? If anyone has done it and wants to give me the heads up I’d be really grateful. I totally understand it will only be until January and then I’ll be dropped like an ugly girl when you sober up. I’m okay with that.

If it’s only till January why do you care what it’s like? Do a few weeks with these super wages and put it with it being dreadful.

TheUncaringCowboy:

sammym:

If it’s only till January why do you care what it’s like? Do a few weeks with these super wages and put it with it being dreadful.

Cause I’m on a realtively cushty gig at the moment and would rather not jump for a 5er and hour if blokes on here tell me it’s the pants.

I to have seen artics (although I thought it was a twin axle urban) have to wait for patrons to clear part of the car park. Which would be no great shock to me after doing smaller supermarkets in urban artics. I have also had to play the cage game to get frozen off when you have more than one drop on a reefer with a container. So again whilst annoying it’s not something I have not faced.

The concept of having to stand in line with the drive through customers to deliver a couple of cages does not fill me with joy however.

I did a ‘day in the life of’ a McDonalds driver a few years back. The logistics co was called Golden West Foods then, but it’s since been rebranded. The job is pretty much the same, I’m told.

The starts are brutally early…anytime from midnight on. Your first deliveries may well be in city centres full of drunks falling out of nightclubs who want to ‘help’ you …or worse.

Attitude at the delivery destinations varies. The franchised outlets are very helpful, the wholly-owned ones a bit more variable.

Money is very good, but the work is pretty chaotic…it’s all just in time as little stock is held in the outlets, but running out of anything is a serious offence in corporate eyes so things change fast on every shift.

As regards safety etc, the kit is spot on with rails on the tail-lifts etc. The usual ‘cold chain’ stuff applies with goods being temp checked as you unload.

Wages are, as I understand, very good, even in the warehouses.

The trucks run on biofuel (re-refined cooking fat from the kitchens).

I reckon it’s a cushy job as there’s not much info at all on them online really, they’re literally a 2 min drive from me so I’ve googled them a few times but all I find is great wages but they start at daft o’clock. If it was a terrible job there’d be plenty reviews on them but it’s hard to find good or bad info on them.

Is it definitely store deliveries? Their equipment can be quite complicated and the stores a pain to deliver to as some have said so when I worked for McD only full time drivers did stores and agency did trunks and collections from suppliers. That was a while ago now though but it was a good easy job

switchlogic:
Is it definitely store deliveries? Their equipment can be quite complicated and the stores a pain to deliver to as some have said so when I worked for McD only full time drivers did stores and agency did trunks and collections from suppliers. That was a while ago now though but it was a good easy job

Yeah definately stores mate.

I am thinking it will be similar to supermarkets (done tesco and sains) in that you will be pulling a fridge and pulling cages. I assume it will be similar with risk assessments as well. So you have a route in and out and a specific place to put the trailer etc.

I think I’ll give it a go and see how I get on. If I hate it or it’s too much for me then there is always another company to drive for.