Mcdonalds built and open in 24 hours

Does anyone know if its true that mcdonalds have the ability to build and open a new one within 24 hours of starting :question: :confused: . I was told this as a kid and heard other people mention this. is this true or is it just some sort of bizzare rumour thats been going around for years :question:

Dunno if that fact’s true, but I do know that within 24hrs of eating a Maccy D your bowels are capable of turning themselves inside out. :laughing:

No way.
Foundations will take a day to put in and set.
They may be good at fast food but not at fast building.

they have just said they are going to open 1000 new restaurants

neil46:

yeah thats what prompted the post…thought well that will be old news in 24 hours time , lol

sure i remember someone saying it comes built in sections on a truck, just click it all together and hey presto, jobs a guddun :question: :exclamation:

they have a tendency to take over old pubs and other defunct takeaways

I’m sure the makkies in Widnes was the 1st one built in 24 hours but dont quote me on it as I’m not 100%.

pecjam23:

neil46:

yeah thats what prompted the post…thought well that will be old news in 24 hours time , lol

sure i remember someone saying it comes built in sections on a truck, just click it all together and hey presto, jobs a guddun :question: :exclamation:

Yep… Once the road and foundations are laid along with services, the thing is brought in on trucks and just locked together. Its all prewired. Knew a sparky who worked on them, he reckoned KFC was the same.

I have delivered them … and its 24 hours from when the sectional buildings (very like portakabins) are delivered that it is usable - clearing the site adding the services building the roads and tarmacing the car parks is all done in advance and takes a lot longer than 24 hours

pecjam23:

neil46:

then i lived in Kent we had a Mac’s put up in two weeks and down the road a hotel was built in 10 weeks, as a was working near by i saw the trucks bring the shop on trucks the Mac’s arrived on Monday and the put it up in five days 4 weeks later having a big mac at it

The building contractor I used to drive a 7.5 tonner for had the contract for converting old pubs into maccy d’s they could do it a fortnight, and that
included stripping everything out of the building and installing all the restaurant gear , redecorating fitting the seating , the lads doing the work was at it 24hrs a day spilt into 2 gangs doing 12 hour shifts
They did a few new builds aswell and they took around a month from start to finish as they had to put all the drainage,car parks and foundations in first, then assemble the kit form building

They probably can have the frame up in 24hrs,

But the electrics , plumbing , kitchens kitted out ,
etc…

I doubt it.

It,ll take longer to paint the lines in the car park.

The buildings are pre fabricated so when its delivered they just bolt it together, hook up the plumbing and electrics and away you go.

Like someone said the foundations and car park are all pre done so the actual building can be delivered and put together in hours.

Here we go

The average build time is four to five weeks for a drive thru restaurant. However, McDonald’s did stage the building of a restaurant in 24hrs in 1998. This was in Runcorn, Cheshire during National Construction week.

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OMi5RJKKOlc

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OMi5RJKKOlc

yes its possible
given as ricky said there pre fabs and the ground work has been done

Jehovahs Witness’s had a spell in building some new
Kingdom Halls (churches) like that.