Mcburneys

work over 15 hours and get paid 12. i cant understand why people do this. like imagine working for 15 hours knowing your not getting paid. he doesnt seem to even struggle for drivers. i heard if you even bring it up he tells you to hand in your keys and see ya later. There seems to be plenty of work about too so ya would think people working for him could else where. does anyone know what there actual hourly rate is?

People who usually say hand in your keys and see you later are just calling your bluff imo. Thinking you won’t go. Same as my place thought the other day when I stated I’d be handing my notice in with immediate effect when I turned up that night.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

McBurneys do all our Irish store deliveries (Asda) & they have a permanent advert in the Cairnryn ferry terminal looking for drivers. Rate is around the £8/hour mark according to the drivers I’v spoken to.

belfastdriver:
work over 15 hours and get paid 12. i cant understand why people do this. like imagine working for 15 hours knowing your not getting paid. he doesnt seem to even struggle for drivers. i heard if you even bring it up he tells you to hand in your keys and see ya later. There seems to be plenty of work about too so ya would think people working for him could else where. does anyone know what there actual hourly rate is?

Are you sure??
Think it’s all hourly paid so do 15 get paid for 15.
Heard NI McBurney men who go out on 1600/2000P&O Larne Sunday and back on 1330/1630P&O Fri taking home about £620/£640 so wage must be ok!!!

Not sure about local work but can’t see many drivers doing a 15 and getting paid for 12 unless it’s the aul £80home/shift lark whereby you should even it up with a few 8hr “handy days”.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

as far as i know it is 100 percent true. thats from a drivers mouth

Big Truck:

belfastdriver:

Are you sure??
Heard NI McBurney men who go out on 1600/2000P&O Larne Sunday and back on 1330/1630P&O Fri taking home about £620/£640 so wage must be ok!!!

Not sure about local work but can’t see many drivers doing a 15 and getting paid for 12 unless it’s the aul £80home/shift lark whereby you should even it up with a few 8hr “handy days”.[emoji6]

There are no 8 hour handy days - you’ll be 10 hours driving 15 hour spread as many times as possible and 9/13 the rest of the time on local work . They are crying out for drivers and drivers are leaving at the rate of 5 or 6 a week . If you remember what interland was like 20 years ago - you’ll have a pretty good idea of what its like :wink:

beefy4605:

Big Truck:

belfastdriver:

Are you sure??

There are no 8 hour handy days - you’ll be 10 hours driving 15 hour spread as many times as possible and 9/13 the rest of the time on local work . They are crying out for drivers and drivers are leaving at the rate of 5 or 6 a week . If you remember what interland was like 20 years ago - you’ll have a pretty good idea of what its like :wink:

As bad as that??
Where they think drivers are gonna come from that’ll put up with that dung??!!!

They done seem to struggle for drivers in Ballymena. The fella i spoke to does 6 on 1 off, 5 on 2 off. said hes worked to the bone. Im not paid that great like but at least if i work 15 i know im at least paid by the hour,

belfastdriver:
They done seem to struggle for drivers in Ballymena. The fella i spoke to does 6 on 1 off, 5 on 2 off. said hes worked to the bone. Im not paid that great like but at least if i work 15 i know im at least paid by the hour,

He can’t be working legal then as when does he payback the weekly rest shortage when he does 6on 1off??
5on 2off only would give him a 45max off or wee bit more.

got a mate on there he works out ov Heysham depot from mon after noon till sat and he quite happy taking £620 a week …

[/quote]
[/quote]
but on a plus point…you get to drive a big yellow truck,and are never far from the 75…how can it get better than that? :laughing:

My mate just finished working there he was mon-sat every week as long as you take your 45 off they just start you later on the Monday.
If you ask for mon-fri they say they are only looking for full time drivers 6 days a week you are not classed as full time on a5day week.
Then when he said he wants 6 days holiday in a week they say Saturday is overtime but you don’t have a choice so he left after about 4 months.that was working out of heysham.