Mcburneys refridgeration

Hi all just lookin for the usual information seen a job advertised for them liverpool depot anyone work for them no the pay rates, hours, shift pattern. Heard a rumour of some1 say they run bent not sure on that meself like any replys appreciated :smiley:

i only know mcburneys from northern ireland, they are good bosses, and good lads. the planners might push you, but mcburneys daughter says “run it legal 100% no matter what”.
they are a good firm. don’t listen to BS.

Only done a bit of Agency work for them, I would be surprised if they run bent from their Liverpool depot, they do also have 2 other depots 1 in Northern Ireland the other in ROI (dublin) the kit was mainly Volvo some 4yrs ago
Don’t know what they pay

Not sure about hourly rate etc. but trampers take home about £500. You will have your own wagon probably mk3 XL globetrotter. Handy work mostly full loads and run 100% legal. Alot of the drivers have been there a long time so can’t be too bad. You work 5 days one week and 6 the next. Some drivers (the ones that are there a long time) work Monday to Friday but others work staggered shifts.

They do a lot of work from the Iceland RDC in Warrington, mainly picking up the stuff for the Ireland stores. Wouldn’t say the run bent, don’t believe everything you hear. Always see them with the globetrotter cabs, cant for the life of me remember what the trucks are. If I remember tomorrow I’ll have a look, they are nearly always parked up in or around the place (RDC).

Just a couple of seconds free, will post longer in morning…McBurneys is a decent outfit, the largest independent haulier in Britain I believe. Out of Liverpool they run Volvo FH12’s, Daf XF(ss) and a few MAN’s. Some of the kit is great whilst some of the older units (a few older volvo fh12’s and a few older Daf 85’s) have seen better days and have more mileage than the space shuttle. Most of the work is Anglo Irish or distributed from Liverpool. So usually if the trailer isn’t loaded at the yard then it will be into the docks down the road to collect a trailer. Some of the trailers are battered with being on boats all the time but they also spend a fortune buying new reefer’s too which are lovely kit. A lot of work is supermarket RDC’s and backloads come from places such as DHL Cannock / Doncaster or Reed Boardall etc. The job is a doddle but there is long hours. Now I will say this from my own experience but YOU WILL NOT be allowed to run bent. They will sack you if you do. If they need the trailer they will send someone to get it if you run out of time, I’m agency and I’ve been picked up a couple of times for instance, I got stuck in Reed Boardall for 6 hours reloading on a run to Durham and back. I run out of time so done as I was told and parked up and told them were I was. They sent 2 lads out in a unit, 1 to bring me back and the other to finish my job off to the docks etc. McBurney even got VOSA in to discuss the legality of collecting drivers in the companies units. The only draw back is that you don’t get to go to Ireland or France anymore if you are running out of Liverpool, and when you finish there is only 1 fuel pump that is also slow and only reaches one side of the truck so refuelling at the end of the shift can be a joke, especially if there are trampers filling up the 1200 ltr tanks.

They had some attention for the state of the fridge trailers when they bought pleroma distribution years ago, since then they’ve spent a lot of money on the fleet and make enough money that they don’t need to run bent, what’s the point. They have good customers/jobs who wouldn’t stand for it.

We have recently started taking produce into Liverpool for the Aldi stores in NI, I think they have recently got the contract for it.

Do they have some sort of contract out of Iceland/bookers in Livingston??

They bring loads in and reload out of there so I assume they do.

Thanks all for the replys mite try me luck at an interview if can get 1, all depends on pay didit really think they would run bent cheers :smiley:

skids:
We have recently started taking produce into Liverpool for the Aldi stores in NI, I think they have recently got the contract for it.

You heard that in the drivers rest room cause there ain’t no Aldi stores in NI :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Big Truck:

skids:

You heard that in the drivers rest room cause there ain’t no Aldi stores in NI :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :grimacing:

I do apologise, I meant Lidl. We do a lot of work for both of them so an easy mistake to make your honour :blush: :unamused:

Aldi has stores in the south

hitch:
Aldi has stores in the south

Thanks, so it could well be aldi then or even both! I certainly didn’t hear it in the drivers waiting room though!

TBH this forum is one great big drivers waiting room!

The fruit is for lidl north and south.

good firm so i’ve heard but the money is average.

Volvo (FM■■?) Globetrotter XL. Had a Liverpool phone number on the cab. Note the big fuel tank!!

Can only get an fh globetrotter XL although they do run neat little fm globetrotters out off ballymena but from Liverpool trampers have FH XLs or there is a couple of daf SSCs still on the go. They all have Liverpool on the door regardless of where they are based and big tanks.

A few of what they run.

Tarrman:
Volvo (FM■■?) Globetrotter XL. Had a Liverpool phone number on the cab. Note the big fuel tank!!

it is an FH XL mate,