McBurney's 750bhp FH16!

switchlogic:
Let the depressingly predictable Trucknet responses begin >>>>

OK.

It’s the willy-waving “750” vinyl graphics that spoil it for me. Especially as it only does 56mph. :wink:

THink the scania looks much better!

If I were a customer of Mc Burney`s I would think I was paying way to much for his services if they can afford trucks like these .

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

OK.

It’s the willy-waving “750” vinyl graphics that spoil it for me. Especially as it only does 56mph. :wink:

Don’t hold back Harry…let it out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kerbdog:
I keep seeing this and keep meaning to post a pic on here, saw it again on the A50. Thought I’d share a photo I’ve found on the interent of it with you !

It’s a tidy machine, although yellow sideskirts to match the rear mudguards like the Scania would be even nicer. :bulb:

Andy smg:

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

OK.

He’s got a point though; Who cares outside the trucking fraternity?
A bit like following a vintage vehicle with a sign saying “you are following a 1912 Burrell steam tractor”…So what?

i saw the scania in warwick services ages ago.

Muckaway:

Andy smg:

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

OK.

He’s got a point though; Who cares outside the trucking fraternity?
A bit like following a vintage vehicle with a sign saying “you are following a 1912 Burrell steam tractor”…So what?

and we all want to add the following, “yes it really is this slow…” :laughing: :unamused:

Don’t include me in the “Knocking” of flagship motors. I was just amused by Harry’s post.
If the company in question is running everything legit and seeing their drivers ok, then good on them.
If not, then I would be agreeing with Harry’s comments :slight_smile: :wink:

Well Harry and Muckaway missing the point as usual. Especially the daft old ‘it only does 56 what’s the point’ comment. What’s the point? Well, how many comments have been made about this so far in one evening?

Also the Willy waving comments make me laugh too, who’s waving their Willy? The driver didn’t buy it and trust me if you ran a fleet the size of McBurneys you wouldn’t need one truck for that…

Got to admit I’m one who in the past has talked about it being “overkill for the job” and all the rest of it, and when I thought about it, if I was running a firm and the books made something like this a feasable option, then I’d more than likely to do it as well. Probably is a dash of showing off in there, but if amongst the fleet of hard working trucks there was one for “willy waving”, then I’d be pretty proud of it.

Same as people who like running flash cars (guilty as charged) in a lot of ways.

thats the thing if everyone only bought what they needed life would be boring as hell
how many folk that live in a town or city need a 4x4 ? yet there are 1000’s
i like the truck but not too keen on the colour, to me it makes an expensive truck look cheap!

In hindsight, this should have been posted in the photo forum.
Less hassle, more appreciation… :bulb: :bulb:

in years gone by, trucks like this were known as the flagship of the fleet. not something you see that much of these days

I have no problem with high horsepower trucks in this country. I think most trucks are massively underpowered. The Volvo and Scania both look quality units.

I love it … Looks Great…Sounds Great…and no doubt pulls great.
Why do we all aspire to drive nice cars…the best you can afford…and why by a car that will
do 150 mph when the speed limit is 70… Because thats human nature… Simple !

Looks good to me and instantly McBurney.

They must be Volvo NIs biggest customer so probably got far below list price. Having one of these also provides plenty of publicity which benefits both McBurney and Volvo.

I’ve also read that both their 700 Volvo and 730 scania have been screwed back to the mid 500s due to drivers not being able to resist the right foot and the thirst for diesel that accompanies it. Probably do the same to this which is a shame.

Cheers
Neilf

volvo has nice clean wheels and a minging derv tank.

Yer it looks good but this makes it look like its not looked after

Scania looks mint as well. Shame about the round spot lights and then square ones in the lower grill (might be me but i like things matching lol)

But who am i to say anything as its not my truck and each to thier own.

Ash

Ash16:
volvo has nice clean wheels and a minging derv tank.

I don’t know about the tank it looks pretty clean to me :confused:

Swedish ponies are very strong, I reckon a 750 has about 850 dutch or French horses…