Mcburney taken over Joseph Baird

Does anyone know if Mcburney has taken over Joseph Baird transport ? Seen some of McBurneys pullin Baird Fridges

I honestly thought McBurney Bros were no more!!! God knows whats going on there then!!

where did you here that ? McBurney Bust ? They are still on the road, stiall have the massive cold storage in Liverpool !

routier:
where did you here that ? McBurney Bust ? They are still on the road, stiall have the massive cold storage in Liverpool !

I heard that from an ex Millar (Ireland) driver??

I think he may have his facts wrong but I hope not!! Ha ha !! wot goes around comes around!ex Millar eh, bought out by P&O refrigeration who were then bought out by McBurney!
If you know any more let me know! Ta

If they are still in business then I wonder if they might wanna take on an english driver? I wouldnt mind a job there cos they have good tackle and the work was/is pretty good.

Does anyone have have any info/contact details please?

McBurney Refrigeration Ltd Dunes Way, Sandhills Business Park, Sandhills, Liverpool, Merseyside L5 9ZS
Tel: 0151 472 1600

Ask for Peter Rearden or Eugene

routier:
McBurney Refrigeration Ltd Dunes Way, Sandhills Business Park, Sandhills, Liverpool, Merseyside L5 9ZS
Tel: 0151 472 1600

Ask for Peter Rearden or Eugene

You are a diamond Routier!!

try these links
4ni.co.uk/listing.asp?cat=29 … &level1=25

www.mcburneytransport.com

SMUDGER:
If they are still in business then I wonder if they might wanna take on an english driver? I wouldnt mind a job there cos they have good tackle and the work was/is pretty good.

Not too fussed about minor little details like running legal then Smudge? :wink:

McBurney took over J.Baird about 6 months ago now, “Truckers rumour mill” has it that Norman McB walked into Bairds office and made them an offer they couldn’t refuse. :exclamation: :unamused:

yea your a bit behind the times there routier :wink:

CM:

SMUDGER:

Not too fussed about minor little details like running legal then Smudge? :wink:

I dont mind doin a bit mate, know wot i mean :wink:

Been down under for the last few months!!! now back in blighty! So good old Norm has been on his spending spree again eh ?So he took over Bairds ?doin quite well then, buying out Pleroma, P&O Refrigeration and now Bairds! He’ll be goin afer Woodys or Montys next! Wish him …well I dont! Hes got rich of the back of a lot of subbies who “are prepared to do a bit”.

routier:
Been down under for the last few months!!! now back in blighty! So good old Norm has been on his spending spree again eh ?So he took over Bairds ?doin quite well then, buying out Pleroma, P&O Refrigeration and now Bairds! He’ll be goin afer Woodys or Montys next! Wish him …well I dont! Hes got rich of the back of a lot of subbies who “are prepared to do a bit”.

Im not a subbie Routier I just wanna job.

Went past Mcburneys yard in Kells last night and they are definitely still going,but I didnt know they’d taken over Bairds and I live just off d-cway to the ferry,relation of mine worked in the traffic office,he said they paid well but you did the work for it.
regards derek

routier:

Don’t know about Woodsides but, it’ll be a cold day in hell when McBurney takes over Montgomery’s :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Commercial Motor this week reports:

Montgomery have bought Connolly Transport and last week Montgomery took over Road & Sea Expresses Buckinghamshire depot

well I reckon these days with everything being so dire, competition so tight and rigid, the only way your gonna expand is to take out your smaller rivals!

It will come to the stage where there are only so many companies but are so big you cannot compete!

Montgomery (the owner of) is the 14th richest person according to the Sunday Times at £68 Million Pounds!! But however the transport side of it ( they own Montracon Trailers and have fingers in other pies) has mas a couple of million loss!!

routier:
well I reckon these days with everything being so dire, competition so tight and rigid, the only way your gonna expand is to take out your smaller rivals!

It will come to the stage where there are only so many companies but are so big you cannot compete!

Montgomery (the owner of) is the 14th richest person according to the Sunday Times at £68 Million Pounds!! But however the transport side of it ( they own Montracon Trailers and have fingers in other pies) has mas a couple of million loss!!

Seems that the more money people have…the more they want!!

Is the word that I am looking for called …GREED!!!