MB McCarroll,Bishopbriggs,Glasgow

Has anyone got any photos of the above companys lorries they were all low loaders and always Scanias [red and cream] from 1974 onwards,i lost all the ones i had when my garage got flooded a couple off years back.Thanks

Anyone got any pics? My Dad used to work for them, started just before they moved to Kirkintilloch and was moved to Hewden when they shut up shop. I used to go to work with him on weekends and on school holidays. We spent a lot of time together in M.B’s trucks when I was a wee boy, my Dad now 70 has just retired and I’m looking to get him a special card from moonpig or such the like, with a pic of one of the M.B trucks on it :smiley:

Hi is your dad Bobby Mac by any chance?lol not managed to get any pictures there is a picture off the first Scania 80 they bought reg RVA565M? floating about on the net but no sign off any other so far the six wheeler beavertail was M56FYS that your dad drove when they shut down.Gordon

gordonw:
Hi is your dad Bobby Mac by any chance?lol not managed to get any pictures there is a picture off the first Scania 80 they bought reg RVA565M? floating about on the net but no sign off any other so far the six wheeler beavertail was M56FYS that your dad drove when they shut down.Gordon

Yeah that’s my Dad, He had a pic of FYS when it was brand new with a 10 tonner on it, with you peeking round the corner, outside the offices. He has found a few old photos of tractors and bomags but none of the trucks themselfs.

Yeah I’ve seen the Scania 80 pic, but that was before my Dad worked there, although he reckons he may have used the trailer in the pic.

If this is the one you mean…

public.fotki.com/AJSLORRYPHOTOS/ … m-001.html

Yeah thats the one but it was long gone by the time your Dad was there that was the first motor i drove after i passed my test i have asked some off the guys but nobody has any pictures of the trucks now but still hopeful something will turn up tell Bobby i was asking for him cheers!

Hi Gordonw, If you have a look at boballoa fotki site (it was page 226 today) you will see a photo of MB McCarroll low loader.

Thanks Matt il have a look cheers!