Maximum Working Day

Could someone please tell me what the maximum working day is if you start between 0000 - 0400.
Our company has opted out of the 10 hr rule, But we the driver drivers are unsure as to whether it is 13 or 15 hrs.
Help appreciated as worried about infringements.

Same as day duties but with the help of poa I guess. Its what I’m doing.

If you’ve opted out then it’s a 15 hr max shift I’m afraid, you must be payed by the hour I’m assuming ?

So far as I am aware Nutty,its not down to the company to decide to opt out of the night time rule,but the employees,through a ballot.Maybe thats what you mean?

Cheers for the replies lads, yes we are paid by the hour.
And i did mean to say the drivers had voted to opt out.
We have been getting different answers from each shift manager so trying to clarify.

Thanks! Nutty!

As has been said an opt out is just that, you completely opt out of the night time limit so go back to 13/15 hour maximum spread-over.

However, as you’re unsure about what hours you can work you should consult the opt-out agreement because some firms have an opt-out agreement that limits them to 12 hours, or whatever number of hours are specified in the agreement.

By the way it’s not a case of what time you start, if you do any work between 00:00 to 04:00 for goods vehicles you are a night time worker :wink: