Maximum weight on 6 axle artic

Thanks all for info.

All 6 x 2 and 4 x 2 that I have driven have all had the drive axle at 11.5t the front axle at 7.5t and when in a 6 x 2 the lift axle has been 7.5t as well, the main advantage of 6 x 2 is it is much harder to be over weight on the pin you only gain about an extra 3t of load as the lift axle and all it’s gubbins weigh about 1t

Current plat on my 4 x 2 excuse the poor quality but not much room for photography here in the queue at Calais

Don’t think he is to concerned with axle weights

parkus:
So you can run at 44t with the lift axle up even thought the point of the lift axle is to spread the weight of the extra couple of tons compared to using a 4x2 unit and 3 axle trailer :laughing:

All based on the premise that you can load a 6 axle 44 tonner to 44 tonnes on 5 axles without exceeding the axle weights on any of the 5 axles. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Bluey Circles:

Concretejim:
40t? Am i missing something. Basically 5 axles weight, same as europe. 38t is 4 axles, ie 4x2 unit and a 2 axled trailer.

the rules are just stupidly confusing. 4 axle artic (4x2 pulling a twin axle trailer) 36ton (38 ton subject to no axle exceed 8.55 ton) so 4 x 8.55 = 34.2t
gov.uk/government/uploads/s … eights.pdf

I don’t think that “simplified” guide is simplified!

… Just lift all the axles and levitate… ( walking on water in biblical terms :smiley: )

weeto:

Bluey Circles:

Concretejim:
40t? Am i missing something. Basically 5 axles weight, same as europe. 38t is 4 axles, ie 4x2 unit and a 2 axled trailer.

the rules are just stupidly confusing. 4 axle artic (4x2 pulling a twin axle trailer) 36ton (38 ton subject to no axle exceed 8.55 ton) so 4 x 8.55 = 34.2t
gov.uk/government/uploads/s … eights.pdf

I don’t think that “simplified” guide is simplified!

Blimey 38 t with 8.55 on the drive. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Carryfast:

parkus:
So you can run at 44t with the lift axle up even thought the point of the lift axle is to spread the weight of the extra couple of tons compared to using a 4x2 unit and 3 axle trailer :laughing:

All based on the premise that you can load a 6 axle 44 tonner to 44 tonnes on 5 axles without exceeding the axle weights on any of the 5 axles. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

No, the axle weights dictate 42000 or 41600 tonnes, 7500 or would that be 7100 + 10500 + 24000 by the looks of things.
But then, if you was running under 40000kgs could you have 11500kgs on the drive axle.
I had a look at that simplified guide off the government site, and its confusing.

weeto:

Carryfast:

parkus:

No, the axle weights dictate 42000 or 41600 tonnes, 7500 or would that be 7100 + 10500 + 24000 by the looks of things.

I lost the plot at more than 40t gross on 5 axles let alone 38t on 4. :open_mouth: :confused:

Carryfast:

weeto:

Carryfast:

parkus:

I lost the plot at more than 40t gross on 5 axles let alone 38t on 4. :open_mouth: :confused:

Gonna see if I can confuse our transport manager with this one. :smiling_imp:

Regardless of what axle weights the road tax assumes 3 X 3 over 40 t

What weight on the trailer.

If it does’nt exceed 7.5 over the pin or 24t across a triax… no problem. The load sensor on the unit won’t pick up on it… Job sorted.

Think 44 Ton.
Nowhere said all Axle have to be on the Road.
Just put 20 ton on Trailer axle and 2 Ton on Unit. (Will still go down,but,just saying)

Immigrant:
Think 44 Ton.
Nowhere said all Axle have to be on the Road.
Just put 20 ton on Trailer axle and 2 Ton on Unit. (Will still go down,but,just saying)

Hope U no travel on icy road any time soon oh. Great man o’ treacle highway :open_mouth:

Not sure if I understand the question, but assuming the max combined axle weight of the unit is 18t and the combined max axle weight of the tri axle trailer is 24t, then I think it would be 42t before you must have exceeded the max weight on at least one axle of a theoretically perfectly loaded trailer.

chester1:
Regardless of what axle weights the road tax assumes 3 X 3 over 40 t

Think that was only the case when max gross was 38000kgs and got a consesion on 6 axles, and when you were on the lower rate you could only pull a 3 axle trailer, were as now you can pull a 1 2 or 3 axle trailer with a 3 axle unit.

Going by tax bands on 5 axles I am gonna guess a max of 38000kgs, simply because the two rates at that are the same.