maxi haulage

Hi just wondered if anyone has heard of maxi haulage and what their like to work for. Just sceptical about a job offer.

PM Paul_Humphries. He stated he worked for them before Christmas. Should be able to shed light on them.

Dean

Cheers mate

scally2:
Hi just wondered if anyone has heard of maxi haulage and what their like to work for. Just sceptical about a job offer.

Hi scally2,

I’ve moved your post to where I think it will receive more replies.

This also serves as a BUMP so you should soon get some more opinions. :wink:

sraff on here worked for them,

dont expect him to be praising the place though :slight_smile:

your waryness of the job offer sounds just like what he told me when he went for the interview.

Depends what you’re on, most of it will be graft i’d say, multi drops, not hand ball but unless you’re trunking for them they will want their pound of flesh just like most others. Money is probably average and tackle is bog standard.

A financially sound company though. They won’t be going bump.

Thanks for that dave pal think i will give them a shot need to start doing this job properly just been gaining experiance over last couple of years doing odd jobs here and there thanks for the input.

I knew a guy who drove for them year ago and lost contact with them, Maurice was his first name (CB Handle was ‘Hunter’ of Rugby cement fame). He was not very happy with them back then.

Yes I work for Maxi, I work out of Wrexham tramping. Drop me a PM if you need to know more. Been there almost 2 years now.

Paul

where you looking at working for them?? norberts have subbed them some ongoing work out of bellshill which will be easy enough

Hunter now works works for Stobbies
he is a member on here

Ive heard many stodys about them, gpod and bad but if you dont try youll never know. Sorry i cant help more

Maxi haulage when i worked for them was all multi drop on rigids and artics,they have some good work and crap work like most haulage companys,the money wernt to bad either but they expect there pounds worth,it all depends on what depot ya working from,they have a bog standred if not up to date fleet but keeping it looking tidy is not one of there strong points,saying that i left 16yrs ago but i dont think its changed much and i still keep in touch with some of them,i can also say i enjoyed working for them but time came to move on to better things and i have done,if you dont mind grafting go and give it a try,some drivers will slag it off and some will be happy there,as i say i enjoyed it but it comes down to what you want ya self,you can all ways say no thanks after a month if its not for you,best of luck

Its warrington depot got told its 2-3 drops per shift on class1 so hopefully all should be well , keep you lot posted on how it goes what their like etc.

Warrington is not too bad, just the yard surface is crap. Lots of stuff out of the docks. As I said I work out of Wrexham and do cable drums most of the time. Lorrys are fine, Volvo FMs or Renualts. At Wrexham the are just getting rid of the last of the old stuff (54 plates) and everything will be 59 or newer plates. I think the oldest on the fleet at Warrington is a 54 plate. Lots of work, well never ending. You will hardley ever see a flat as all the flats are sorted out by Wrexham. With Wrexham, most of the drivers have been there for years. I have almost done 2 years now and I am not looking to leave.

Work is varied a lot. So not doing the same thing every day (other than driving :wink: ). Will you be tramping or day work?

Going to be on days so i will tell you how it goed

Did you start? If so how are you finding it?

Seem to be doing a variety of work as pulling Tesco Double Deckers out of Cairnryan Stena harbour… Also plenty tauts going across as well.

scottishcruiser:
Seem to be doing a variety of work as pulling Tesco Double Deckers out of Cairnryan Stena harbour… Also plenty tauts going across as well.

They were bringing up the Dulox paint for tdg’s yard in Govan, not sure if thats still going on.

We had them as a subby for ages they used to take their bulbs and lenses with them out their standing trailers, think they have trust issues :laughing: