maxi haulage

A mate of mine would like some info on Maxi haulage running out of immingham
Anybody got the low down on wages ect any info would be helpful Ta :laughing:

maxihaulage.co.uk/

These guys?

This was a depot somewhere in brum though.

used to work for them money is around 9pound expect to work all hours godsend and plenty of handball and taillift work and u get to drive a nice fl6 about a r reg 10 tonne and the artic,s are not much better the do have new one,s but there for tramper hope this help,s oh and expect to go to weetabix alot and warwick depot

shoddy firm to be honest

hope this help.s

Sockpuppet:
This was a depot somewhere in brum though.

that,s were i work used to run out of anixter in aston

"I worked out of Saltley and the route that caused me to snap was Brum to Norwich (7 drops) and then back in a day cab. No chance. I tried it and failed. Got 3 drops off - got bollocked for only getting them off - so turned round drove back (with the cab phone off) walked in said ā€œif you can do it all tomorrow, in that time, I will buy drinks all night for youā€ Got no response other than ā€œAutoroute says it can be doneā€ My reply was ā€œWell Autoroute will be driving instead of me tomorrow cos I wont be inā€ and promptly left. "

The above is a sample of a post I left some months ago.

My feeling is the firm was a bunch of muppets. Might have changed, I hope for their current drivers sake they have.

I could tell a few more tales of my escapades with this firm. :unamused: :laughing:

Yeah, I worked for them on agency when they were at Nuneaton.

Their planning was, erm, interesting.

They managed to confuse a 15kg engine I was collecting from Perkins in Peterborough for a 15 litre diesel engine and I only had one frayed ratchet strap and they suggested I go out and buy some to do the job!

Routinely had 15 hour shifts with them, and they were on the phone a lot to query where I was and why I was driving slow (its called ā€œsticking to the speed limitsā€)

Glad to be out really. :unamused: :unamused:

Another incident was when I had the driverā€™s side wiper fall off (Says a lot for the state of the vehicles), whilst driving down the M6. Its hammering down with rain, so i obviously cant see a thing and pull over straight away. I ring the office to tell them the good news, and tell them they need to get a bloke out to fix it as Iā€™m not driving any further with out a wiper as for 1 its illegal and 2 I quite like to see where Iā€™m going. The office ask if I can walk the 1/4 mile back up the motorway to retrieve the wiper and see if I can fix it. You can probably guess the reply. They then suggested I drive it until the screen got so obscured I couldnt see, then pull over, wipe it, and carry on.

Oh happy days. :unamused:

bloody hell i cant believe people like this still existā€¦

Then there was the relatively easy run to Manchester in a really nailed FL with a day cab. The motors were all wrecks so you can imagine the state of the one that stood out as a particularly bad wagon.

Easy run with only a few drops on the outskirts of Manchester so I thought I was in for a nice easy day.

It took me two days, because the warning buzzer kept sounding and the temperature shooting to limits I thought were only achievable in a small nuclear blast. The fitter would come out from the Manchester depot to fix it, sort it for a short while only to have to come out again a couple of hours later.

The only good thing was I managed to get a couple of nights at a decent hotel out of them and obviously managed to charge room service to the office.

Cant believe I actually stopped a month with this firm looking back. :smiley:

if it was the andover depot i would say cowboys. dont know about the others though. having said that, their fleet looks rough regardless of location