MAX DAILY DUTY

A scenario:

Start work 0600
Two sets of 45 minute breaks taken during duty day.
Less than 9 hrs driving
However at 2100, as I understand it, my max duty day of 15hrs under WTD comes to an end. Is this correct, or does my two sets of 45 minute breaks
not count as working time so I could work through to 2230?
Start time for work the following day is not an issue. Nor is driving hours or weekly rests.

Your comments please. I know what I think but I would like to hear others viewpoints

Sully

The 15 hours duty is an implied limit, IGNORE IT it’s not written into EU regs or WTD, what you should be looking at is the bit under EU regs that goes along the lines of: You must complete 11 hours daily rest within the 24 hour period which commences at the end of a daily or weekly rest period, this may be reduced to 9 hours, 3 times a week.

BTW welcome to the madhouse.

Sully574:
A scenario:

Start work 0600
Two sets of 45 minute breaks taken during duty day.
Less than 9 hrs driving
However at 2100, as I understand it, my max duty day of 15hrs under WTD comes to an end. Is this correct, or does my two sets of 45 minute breaks
not count as working time so I could work through to 2230?
Start time for work the following day is not an issue. Nor is driving hours or weekly rests.

Your comments please. I know what I think but I would like to hear others viewpoints

Sully

Starting the shift at 0600 means finishing by 2100 if you have a reduced daily rest available

It is the rest requirements under EU driver regs which determine when you can finish - nothing else

RTD (WTD) regs are seperate but run alongside the EU regs

ok. Thanks so far.

So, say for instance, I got held up in traffic and did not get into the yard until 2300. As long as I dont start work again until 0800 the following day, reduced rest of 9 hrs and its the first reduced rest of the week then, the length of the days duty (0600-2300) is not an issue?

Oh and thanks for the welcome to the madhouse. Home from home then.

MADBAZ:
The 15 hours duty is an implied limit, IGNORE IT it’s not written into EU regs or WTD, what you should be looking at is the bit under EU regs that goes along the lines of: You must complete 11 hours daily rest within the 24 hour period which commences at the end of a daily or weekly rest period, this may be reduced to 9 hours, 3 times between weekly rest periods.

BTW welcome to the madhouse.

BAZ,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I fixed that for you before ROG spotted it. :wink: :grimacing:

Three times between weekly rest periods isn’t the same as three times per week.

Cheers Dave, although in my defence I wasn’t quoting word for word, and I did start the sentence “along the lines of” :laughing:

Some light reading for Sully and me by the looks of it

CLICKY

Sully574:
ok. Thanks so far.

So, say for instance, I got held up in traffic and did not get into the yard until 2300. As long as I dont start work again until 0800 the following day, reduced rest of 9 hrs and its the first reduced rest of the week then, the length of the days duty (0600-2300) is not an issue?

Oh and thanks for the welcome to the madhouse. Home from home then.

If you started at 0600 and then much later on in the day you got stuck in an unforeseen hold up then after getting through the hold up you must find the first safe legal stopping place and start your daily rest

You cannot go past safe legal stopping places simply to get back to the yard

You do a manual entry to explain why you started the daily rest so late

You must take the required amount of daily rest so if you did not have a reduced available then you take 11 hours off
The fact that the daily rest will not fit into the 24 hours period is no excuse for not taking the required rest before restarting the next shift