Mavis Rails.

I thought I knew absolutely everything but it turns out I don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why are mavis rails called mavis rails?

EDIT- forget that, I just found it. Montracon Articulated Vehicle Interconnection System.

You stole my thunder. I learnt about them on here the other week, along with just about everybody else. Every day’s a school day,as they say :smiley:

I did not know you could get them for the back of the unit as well .
every days a learning day and all that .

Nowt to do with her then?

mavis.jpg

What’s a Mavis Rail?

A.

I don’t really know Rita :laughing: ( older viewers will find that relevant ) :stuck_out_tongue:

Adonis.:
What’s a Mavis Rail?

A.

The system whereby the trailer air and electrical connectors can slide laterally across the trailer enabling the suzies to be connected without having to get onto the catwalk, particularly used commonly on very close-coupled trailers such as fridges.

Harry Monk:

Adonis.:
What’s a Mavis Rail?

A.

The system whereby the trailer air and electrical connectors can slide laterally across the trailer enabling the suzies to be connected without having to get onto the catwalk, particularly used commonly on very close-coupled trailers such as fridges.

Ah, slidey suzie things, to give them the proper name :stuck_out_tongue:

A.

TiredAndEmotional:
Nowt to do with her then?

No that’s Mavis riley

At last someone with a sense of humour [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great invention these, I think they should be made standard on all trucks and trailers

The bulk of our trailers have them, they come out just far enough to be opposite the side air deflector which on the units we have only partly opens rendering them useless, put this together with the majority of the drivers not being able to drop a trailer correctly (to high) and its easier to leave it in the locked position.

The must cost a few bob to have fitted and I hardly ever see then being used, the rail slides over just nicely in the locked position to connect the lines without the air dam getting in the way, they eliminate the need for split coupling which has to be a good thing.

They should be fitted as standard to all close coupled trailers, along with an audible handbrake warning system.