Maut tax in Germany

Thanks for the replies seems that you have really got to have your wits
about you,although you have made it clear what to do should i have to
drive to Germany.Cheers.

Ages.

If you write to the address in this link, they’ll send you a Toll Collect map book.
I’m not 100% sure that this is the right address, but if it isn’t they’ll tell you the correct one.
It would probably be best to give them your e-mail address, for a speedy reply.

It’s a very basic Autobahn Map book, with all the junctions named.
It also has all of the Toll Collect points of sale and the Service Partner locations marked on it. These are only red of blue icons. The addresses are all in an index at the back of the book.

If you were buying a map of Germany anyway, there is a map book with all the Toll Collect PoS marked. I think it’s by Falk.

this is the one you mean simon FALK-ATLAS](http://www.yopi.de/_Falk_Truckeratlas_fuer_Bus_und_Fernfahrer_Karten_Deutschland)

IT costs €49.90 normaly where ever you get it,

Hombre:
Just a little hint for you.

Once you have entered all your details and the machine requests that you insert the Fuel Card (DKV in my case) put the card in the slot then listen for two “little clicks” once youve heard em, remove the card.

Or just wait until the display next to the card slot says ‘karte entnehmen’ = remove card. If it says ‘Karte nicht lesbar’ it means it can’t read the card so take it out and put it in again, that happens if you insert it before the machine is ready

Or do what I did on Friday just use the nationals…To be honest I can’t see this working because all the trucks will use the national roads and the locals will soon get fed up with that, I know I would, it also seems a right faff.

Here is the link to the german of transport ,and buildings,
showing is a english Question & Answers about the road tax with
lots of info as regards the OBU unit, and also theother ways one
pays for the maut,well worth a look,also additional information
is avalible LINK

Deepinvet:
Or do what I did on Friday just use the nationals…To be honest I can’t see this working because all the trucks will use the national roads and the locals will soon get fed up with that, I know I would, it also seems a right faff.

ok if you have the time,but like italy, its a pain in the ■■■■.
traffic lights and speed cameras.
very narrow roads as well.
i tried this years ago.
i had the time and there was no toll to pay.
never again.

Deepinvet:

Which is why some of the national roads most used by trucks, especially those which have seen a big increase in truck traffic since the introduction of the maut, have been brought into the scheme and you require the maut to use them. More nationals are likely to require the maut for trucks to use them in the future.

I’m off to Germany for the first time on tuesday,

To here donaustrasse 71
 grubweg
94034-d
 germany

I know it’s near the Austrian border
So it’s right across Germany for me will need to stop in Germany somewhere.
From Cappellan how far wiil I get in a 4.5 hour drive?

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

To here donaustrasse 71
grubweg
94034-d
germany

It’s Passau so from Cappelen you should get there in a shift no problem. Although the A6 can have its moments I would expect you to get somewhere between Heilbron and Nürnberg in 4.5 hours from Cappelen. If the end of that driving period is daily rest time there are no shortage of truckstops along that section of the A6.

Personally if I was heading there I would be more inclined to go Aachen - Köln, then the A3 all the way through Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg - Regensburg to Passau. That would be a shorter route and there are also plenty of truckstops on the A3, including the famous Geiselwind truckstop which everyone should visit at least once. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

To here donaustrasse 71
grubweg
94034-d
germany

It’s Passau so from Cappelen you should get there in a shift no problem. Although the A6 can have its moments I would expect you to get somewhere between Heilbron and Nürnberg in 4.5 hours from Cappelen. If the end of that driving period is daily rest time there are no shortage of truckstops along that section of the A6.

Personally if I was heading there I would be more inclined to go Aachen - Köln, then the A3 all the way through Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg - Regensburg to Passau. That would be a shorter route and there are also plenty of truckstops on the A3.

Yes looked at that but we have to fill up in Capellen, will be getting of the boat at Zeebrugge halfd a shift to Cappellan then finish shft down as far as I can into Germany hence the question.

Try HERE
for a map showing the locations of all the Autohöfe (Truckstops).
There is usually an overnight parking charge, but this is fully refundable in the restaurant.
Passau is a lovely old town, if you have the chance for a bit of a stroll.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

To here donaustrasse 71
 grubweg
94034-d
 germany

do as coffee says go the a3 route.
,hes right and go into that truckstop gieselwind.
great food and reasonable.
12/15 euro will leave you not able to stand up after your dinner.
a little tip though.
i been in it loads of times.
check it on the map,get out as early as youcan so you can finish early.#
these truckstops get very full of eastern[squatters] europeans as well as the locals early in the evening.
if its after 4 or 5 it can be a prob to find a spot to park.

if you go the way Coffeeholic posted its
Zeebrugge–Kappellan—106km total
Kappellan–German-border --136kms(249km)
Border–Wertheim --343kms (592km)’
Wertheim–Grubweg–396km(958km),

RUSH hour traffic for the BAB in germany
is bad for the
Aachen–KÖLN ;; A4 around 0630–0930hrs
and 1600–1900hrs lots of traffic jams
Frankfurt --RHEIN-MAIN AREA
IS the same as above,[
Lots of speed limits and no-over takeing

as for parking this can be a problem if you
are not quick enough
HAVE a nice trip and and chance of a little
write when you get back please,

From Capellen 366 km finds you at Autohof Kirchberg
I have never stopped there, but it looks ok Junc 45 on the A6, to go via Geiselwind is an extra 44 km over all and nearer 5 1/2 hours drive (436 km) from Capellen
Total distance will be 721 via Geiselwind or 677 via A6
if you don’t know where you tip is, this may help

Found this in my bag may be helpful for anyone just goin for first time.

i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 … /maut1.jpg

i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 … /maut2.jpg

i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 … /maut3.jpg