matrix signs

Does anyone on here HONESTLY take the blind bit of notice to these signs,
M27 on thursday showed queue on slip road jnc 9 and when you went past not a car in sight :imp:
as for caution queue is even better,still end up doing 50 past the next junc.

Well i think sometimes they get left on too long so the problem has already cleared.
Often you see them set to 50 and then find nothing there, i always slow up and keep my eye open anyway as you never know.

The overhead message signs can be useful, telling you roads are shut in certain places etc.

A1 Southbound as you come off M1 matrix signs say End then about 2 miles down the road a wooden pallet smashed to smithereens strewn across the road, Truck and car on hard shoulder (Dunno if it was due to this or not) next 4 matrix signs warn of Debris on Road :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Might of been a good idea to state that before the debris rather than after instead of End :unamused: :unamused:

M1 1.30am I think J27 Matrix says queue after next juunction. I’d just caught up with another truck so I followed him through. I don’t know if two counts as a queue but it was the best we could do as there was nobody else about. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Got to do some thing to brighten up the early hours :wink:

knight:
M1 1.30am I think J27 Matrix says queue after next juunction. I’d just caught up with another truck so I followed him through. I don’t know if two counts as a queue but it was the best we could do as there was nobody else about. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Got to do some thing to brighten up the early hours :wink:

You did the best with what you had. :laughing:

I think someone is sat there watching the responses of the traffic with these silly messages and having a good old laugh :laughing: :laughing:

I react to what I can see and not what a too often inaccurate matrix sign tells me. I can’t see the point of slowing down to 40 mph or so when the road ahead is obviously clear :imp:

The variable mandatory signs on the M42 that alter as soon as some div lights up their brake lights are in my opinion are doing more to cause accidents than if left alone at the national speed limit.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep on saying it, if people wouldn’t cut in at the last possible moment forcing everybody else behind them to brake then there would be no where near as many accidents and hold ups. Get some cameras to catch this type of bad driving and either educate or ban them :imp:

That’ll do for a Sunday morning whinge - have a good day and treat your Mother if you can :laughing: :laughing: