Matrix signs ? Weird signs?

Seen couple on M42 / 40 today

“Red X means Lane closed”

really ? I never guessed :smiling_imp:

same on the M62 through leeds today think thats for the simple yorkshire folk to get the hang of the managed motorway section

Saw this today too (M6), though oddly, there wasn’t a single red X anywhere today.

And on the M1 through midlands.

If anyone out there really doesn’t know what this and other road signs mean by now then they should take their sodding test again

claretmatt:
If anyone out there really doesn’t know what this and other road signs mean by now then they should take their sodding test again

Maybe they are taking into account the increase in drivers from other countries.

Anything is better than “think bike”.

voodoo1:

about time the amount of people that ignore this is stupid

They should wire up a few of the overhead gantry cameras to take pictures when the lane is closed and send the drivers a fine.
I don’t care if anyone thinks its just a way of making money out of the motorist. This is something that is covered in the theory test so anyone with a full driving licence should know what it means.

I think your expecting too much from your fellow British motorist, they need their hand held and need herding like sheep… they probably still haven’t seen the matrix bored anyway.

voodoo1:

M25 as well and the M1 has it. Every time I had seen it I shouted out “DUH, I really didn’t know that.”

Any red X’s on the M62 today (9-10 eastbound) as there was an accident this morning with rac saying 3 lanes closed but the lanes only showing the downward left arrow.

Dav1d:
Saw this today too (M6), though oddly, there wasn’t a single red X anywhere today.

snap :sunglasses: it’s because :laughing: wait for it :smiley: once you’ve passed YOUR TEST you know everything! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: hands up of you’ve read the Highway Code SINCE? :wink: