Maths problem

Now I’m no mathematical genius, but I’m pretty sure that this hourly rate times 60 doesn’t equal that weekly pay?
Any ideas?

Best £900 worst £720

If you maxed out on your duty times over 6 days = 84hrs and even if they paid you at the top rate it’s only £1260.

Why advertisers make such obviously bogus claims - I dunno.

That’s a ten working day period, with a legal requirement to take a 25 hour weekly rest somewhere in the middle of it.
9 days maximum then, of which up to six can be 15 hour shifts, the others being max 13 hours.

So 6x15 + 3x13 = 129 hours @ £15ph comes out at £1935… Sounds good so far…

You’re not going to have time to get home, fed, watered, and a good night’s sleep (you’ll bloody need it!) for that many days on the spin. An absolute killer set of shifts to work, and you can bet your PPE Boots that they’ll have you working “their moneysworth”…

It’s not even a job for a “Fit, young man.” This is a job for a driver robot rather than a driving god.

Then there’s the aspect of them knocking off at least an hour each shift for your unpaid breaks. You cannot do a 16 hour shift and call it “15 hours on duty, and one hour unpaid break” either in case anyone was wondering.

The £15ph probably only applies to weekend night bits, which would probably account for the drop from £1935 back to the headline £1700…

And finally… The number “1” at the top of the ad - should be “2” of course.

This is a FORTNIGHT contract! You presumably get paid after completing the final shift… Or will you! ?

All in all, scores 1.2 out of 10 on my “risk assessment meter”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very impressive deductive skills there, mucker. You’ve missed your vocation, I reckon.

Probably Farmfoods in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ back breaking pallet and taillift deliveries.

Sapper