Match of the day top 10s

Missing the football, got severe withdrawl symptoms. :blush: :smiley:
Been watching some of the old matches shown,.England v Cameroon (Italia 90)… England v Holland (Euro 96).and a couple of FA Cup finals.

Anybody else been watching the MOTD top 10s on Saturday nights?..with Lineker…Ian Wright …and God. :smiley: (aka Alan Shearer)
Been some good football moments and funny…but only if you’re a football fan of course.
Anyhoo check it out on the I player if you are…and it’s on tonight btw.

Been watching the odd one. Great stuff. Amazing how much you forget.

Mid 90’s was my favourite era…

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I’ve haven’t got much interest in football but at least I can recognise the names and what seems like better football to me like everything else in early 1970’s.Man City and Chelsea usually put on a good match and ironically as a Southerner I preferred City.
My Dad was more interested in football than me and he’d followed Man Utd since before the plane crash.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3Vb2q7ldg

youtube.com/watch?v=GeQ66QQTA5Y

personally i would rather sit at belfast harbour with a loaf of bread feeding the seagulls than have to watch any football match but if i had to pick 10 top games,then it would be out of the pool of whoever beat england in a world cup. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
personally i would rather sit at belfast harbour with a loaf of bread feeding the seagulls than have to watch any football match but if i had to pick 10 top games,then it would be out of the pool of whoever beat england in a world cup. :slight_smile:

Nah you should go for Scotland mate, more choice of teams that have beaten them through the years…(that is of course in the few times if they’ve actually managed to even qualify. :smiley:

Think my favourite was Gazza’s goal.where he made a right ■■■■ out of Colin Hendry in Euro 96 , just remind me… was that just before or after McAlister missed that penalty just can’t remember… :laughing: :laughing:

Well you started it. :wink: :laughing:

i havent a clue about football…watching paint dry.
i went to wembley once for the craic and got blocked for 2 days.
mid 80 s i think,drunk on the m6 on the way down,and still drunk on the way back.
the guy in the ■■■■■■■■■■ that was daft enough to be open had the manager throwing money into the crowd so that they would let the prozzy back up onto the stage after we flung the bouncers out and locked the doors.
it all ended happily after someone grabbed his hand and stole the rings from his fingers…pure quality.
the rest is just a happy dream of befuddled mischief.

hadnt a clue who the 22 dudes kicking the ball were . i remember scotland got beat though it was of no importance as i assumed that would be the case.
knowing nothing about sport in general,i had a hackney at glasgow airport for a while and took an old drongo and 2 rent boys down to the royal marine hotel in troon.
after i got back i was informed it was the scotland manager and 2 star scottish players as all the other drivers were up asking me did i get their autograph and what were they talking about…
it dont matter that the jerries bombed my granny in clydebank in ww2 everybody just likes to see england getting beat,though to be fair,at least scotland has the decency to get put out at the start of the competitions whereas england plough through till nearer the end with the inevitable barrage of media hype before getting gubbed,but there you go. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
i havent a clue about football…watching paint dry.
i went to wembley once for the craic and got blocked for 2 days.
mid 80 s i think,drunk on the m6 on the way down,and still drunk on the way back.
the guy in the ■■■■■■■■■■ that was daft enough to be open had the manager throwing money into the crowd so that they would let the prozzy back up onto the stage after we flung the bouncers out and locked the doors.
it all ended happily after someone grabbed his hand and stole the rings from his fingers…pure quality.
the rest is just a happy dream of befuddled mischief.

hadnt a clue who the 22 dudes kicking the ball were . i remember scotland got beat though it was of no importance as i assumed that would be the case.
knowing nothing about sport in general,i had a hackney at glasgow airport for a while and took an old drongo and 2 rent boys down to the royal marine hotel in troon.
after i got back i was informed it was the scotland manager and 2 star scottish players as all the other drivers were up asking me did i get their autograph and what were they talking about…
it dont matter that the jerries bombed my granny in clydebank in ww2 everybody just likes to see england getting beat,though to be fair,at least scotland has the decency to get put out at the start of the competitions whereas england plough through till nearer the end with the inevitable barrage of media hype before getting gubbed,but there you go. :slight_smile:

Lots of the time I think you’ve got it all wrong. (I’m sure the sentiment is reciprocated)
But with the footie, we agree.
I’ve been playing with an idea for a joke, but can’t quite work it out though…maybe you could help?
Summat about the guy who invented ‘bar codes’?
You know items…like footballs…flashing quickly past…Dunno?..past black and white stripes…?
Any ideas?.

Ask RobRoy?

That was a good one…where kevin Keegan had a meltdown during the post match interview.

Believe Newcastle spunked a good lead,against Liverpool…and with it,their chance of the title.

Just love it :wink:

Edit.

The meltdown was after man u beat Leeds.

dieseldog999:

there posts a very disgruntled Scotland fan… :laughing: :wink:

commonrail:
That was a good one…where kevin Keegan had a meltdown during the post match interview.

Believe Newcastle spunked a good lead,against Liverpool…and with it,their chance of the title.

Just love it :wink:

Nah not a meltdown, just a guy who was/is VERY passionate about his football,.a guy who gave a 100% as both a player and a manager,.and not afraid to admit when he was wrong (England 2000) and not afraid to take on injustices (Ashley contract case which he won 2009).

Ok, maybe he did go on a bit with that famous ‘‘I’d love it if we beat THEM’’ routine, :smiley: , but he was just a bit ■■■■■■ over Ferguson’s mind games at the time, and rose to the bait.

We came very close to winning the league that season with probably the best side and one of the best managers we ever had.
I read his last book,.a must…but only if you’re interested in football obviously.

youtu.be/mk87a7r0V60

i love my football , been away from Bristol 30 yrs + and I still go away , well every game is away for me , 150 miles to Bristol
Only ever been interested in watching rovers & city getting beat on tv , not bothered about watching England , premier league etc
My mate tried to convince me notts forest down the road was who I should change my support too , I lasted 1/2 hr at city ground & went home
Don’t matter how bad rovers are theyl always be my team
Utg

Full England v Scotland euro 96 on right now. BBC One.
Saturday 13:30.

I’m away to rearrange my sock drawer. [emoji30]

dozy:
i love my football , been away from Bristol 30 yrs + and I still go away , well every game is away for me , 150 miles to Bristol
Only ever been interested in watching rovers & city getting beat on tv , not bothered about watching England , premier league etc
My mate tried to convince me notts forest down the road was who I should change my support too , I lasted 1/2 hr at city ground & went home
Don’t matter how bad rovers are theyl always be my team
Utg

I’ve never got how any fan can change his allegiance, (or even think about it for all of a second) to another team. :open_mouth:
I live breathe and eat Newcastle Utd, a mate of mine once asked me if I fancied going to see his team Rangers one Saturday, but Newcastle were playing at home on same day…it would feel the same as cheating on my Mrs.

Never seen England at a match, but always watch them on tv every game since I was a kid.

DF40:
Full England v Scotland euro 96 on right now. BBC One.
Saturday 13:30.

I’m away to rearrange my sock drawer. [emoji30]

Missed it, just got back an hour ago. :neutral_face:

dieseldog999:

Aaah yes, those were the days when women were employed on the doors as bouncers. :unamused: :unamused:

It was the last episode last night if anybody’s interested.
It was Domestic teams (International) competitions last night, some good (and bad) memories.
Enjoyed the series, catch it on I player if you missed it.