Masks

So I have to wear a mask for my C+E training and test soon. Don’t have a problem with this but as someone who wears glasses I’m not looking forward to glasses constantly steaming up while trying to concentrate on passing the driving test. Any suggestions for a mask I can buy that won’t hinder me? Prefer a reusable one as absolutely hate these single use surgical ones that I see thrown on the ground everywhere.

Apparently this stuff works quite well, can’t say I’ve tried it yet but I have bought some to try once I go back to work
Ek Cat Crap Anti-fog amazon.co.uk/dp/B001ONRP8C/ … WX48BYZNR9

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The cheap reliable option that is readily available is a drop of washing up liquid polished into the lens.

Get some anti fog glasses wipes that’s what the optician recommended to me when I was in their last year for an eye sight test that’s what he said he and the receptionist used on their glasses and said they worked

Just say you’re exempt because it would cause you severe distress to wear a mask, which it sounds like it will.

stu675:
Just say you’re exempt because it would cause you severe distress to wear a mask, which it sounds like it will.

And I would expect the trainer company will say no…

No harm asking though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

stu675:

No harm asking though

They would probably ask for some evidence of a valid exemption, such as a doctorsletteror certificate. Then the compromise for not wearing a mask would be to have all windows fully open at all times. Not too bad in the Summer, not exactly ideal now

Monkey241:

stu675:

No harm asking though

I hope you will arrest them then for breaking the law?

Terry Cooksey:

Monkey241:

stu675:

No harm asking though

They would probably ask for some evidence of a valid exemption, such as a doctorsletteror certificate. Then the compromise for not wearing a mask would be to have all windows fully open at all times. Not too bad in the Summer, not exactly ideal now

I would hope they would be taken to court over asking to discriminate against you.

stu675:

Terry Cooksey:

Monkey241:

stu675:

No harm asking though

I would hope they would be taken to court over asking to discriminate against you.

Asking for proof of a medical condition, especially one that could lead to members of their own staff catching a virus that would cause them to take a significant period of time off work, is not discrimination, especially when you have people trying to get out of following the rules because of it merely being an inconvenience

I haven’t suggested anything that is not following the rules.

stu675:

Monkey241:

stu675:

No harm asking though

I hope you will arrest them then for breaking the law?

Why?

There is no breach of the law

You need a facemask that has a valve on the front.
Loads on amazon amazon.co.uk/s?k=face+masks … doa-p_4_16
Also I used this company for mine as I used them also outside of work.
engweld.co.uk/category/dust-mas … B0%5D=FFP3
Good luck with your test.

Nerdytrucker:

Looks to me like dust masks.
They filter the air entering the mask, but the valve allows free exhaust of breath…complete with moisture droplets and any virus contained in it.
So far as preventing spread of Covid goes, next to useless.
If I was in an enclosed area for long periods of time with a pupil or whatever, I wouldn`t be happy with anyone wearing these.
Masks are mostly to filter the exhalation of moisture bearing virus, not stop you inhaling it.
As a glasses wearer myself the easiest way to stop misting up indoors is to warm the lenses, coming in from cold outdoors they mist badly, when warmer they mist-up much less. Admittedly not easy if side windows are wide open for ventilation though.

Nerdytrucker:

Actually seen quite a few people wearing these while on a train recently. Will have a look.

BedfordJ5:
So I have to wear a mask for my C+E training and test soon. Don’t have a problem with this but as someone who wears glasses I’m not looking forward to glasses constantly steaming up while trying to concentrate on passing the driving test. Any suggestions for a mask I can buy that won’t hinder me? Prefer a reusable one as absolutely hate these single use surgical ones that I see thrown on the ground everywhere.

I use this, a God Send

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZEISS-AntiFOG-Spray-Treated-Cloth/dp/B08PK4V67Y

Use only a little bit and try a few times so you know the right amount for you. Takes a minute to apply, but take it with you on long lessons.

Franglais:

Nerdytrucker:

Looks to me like dust masks.
They filter the air entering the mask, but the valve allows free exhaust of breath…complete with moisture droplets and any virus contained in it.
So far as preventing spread of Covid goes, next to useless.
If I was in an enclosed area for long periods of time with a pupil or whatever, I wouldn`t be happy with anyone wearing these.
Masks are mostly to filter the exhalation of moisture bearing virus, not stop you inhaling it.
As a glasses wearer myself the easiest way to stop misting up indoors is to warm the lenses, coming in from cold outdoors they mist badly, when warmer they mist-up much less. Admittedly not easy if side windows are wide open for ventilation though.

Yip the vent points down towards the ground or your chest and they are not useless. I have been using these while I was volunteering for a local charity that provided emergency covid transport for people with symptoms looking for medical help without the need of using an ambulance.

After a antibody test as of 2 weeks ago I have still not caught covid. So I would say they are quite useful.

I used one in my test 4 weeks ago and the examiner never even questioned it.