Marvel at a payrise

Isnt it sad that the concept of a “payrise” is so far out of most peoples experience that we are in shock at getting one?

Make the most of it, because when this government has finished with this so called upskilled pool, it’ll be back to the race to the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

TBH I’m in shock I’m not getting more.

The rate of increase of inflation in everyday goods is going to wipe out whatever pay gains made in short order, enjoy the feeling of being on an upward streak cos it isn’t going to last.

The driver shortage isn’t any more than the fake fuel shortage, there arn’t fleets of loaded lorries being stood down every day with perishable goods having to be skipped, agency drivers are still finding their weeks unfilled and the £78k salaries those members of an easily led public who believe the MSM ■■■■■■■■ we are now on are as unreal as everything else.

And the rates haven’t increased !

Juddian:
The rate of increase of inflation in everyday goods is going to wipe out whatever pay gains made in short order, enjoy the feeling of being on an upward streak cos it isn’t going to last.

The driver shortage isn’t any more than the fake fuel shortage, there arn’t fleets of loaded lorries being stood down every day with perishable goods having to be skipped, agency drivers are still finding their weeks unfilled and the £78k salaries those members of an easily led public who believe the MSM ■■■■■■■■ we are now on are as unreal as everything else.

Maybe out in Norfolk countryside thats happening - anywhere nesr an industrial area and agency guys are doing 8 days a week.

In just about every employment sector for a good 15-20 years, the market has been heavily in favour of the employers. This means wage rises have been the bare minimum, if any at all, and almost any employee benefits have been wiped out.
Finally, and probably only temporarily, this has changed for a lot of different sectors, and they have been panicked enough to do something about it.
I think the biggest shock comes not from the pay rise itself, but by the amount they have gone up.
In my case, I started a new job in April, got a 2% increase in May and thought that would be it. Then in June they increased wages at a different depot by 14% because of not being able to recruit/retain drivers, and eventually they were forced to roll that out across all depots. Finally two weeks ago, as a reward for not leaving during the ‘crisis months’ we have just been given a further 15% increase. Thanks to all these payrises I’m now on £10k a year more than when I started

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Agency wages going down is just wishful thinking on the part of employed drivers ., curry’s / dhl / know how , we’re now paying. £21 ph , going up not down ,

I mis-read the meaning of the thread title…

I thought this was about Superman being uplifted to £20ph because of his now-equal LGBT rights? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

dozy:
Agency wages going down is just wishful thinking on the part of employed drivers ., curry’s / dhl / know how , we’re now paying. £21 ph , going up not down ,

Is that C1, C2 or C3?

Winseer:

I thought this was about Superman being uplifted to £20ph because of his now-equal LGBT rights? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

Winseer:

That was until DC undercut them, and the downwards spiral restarted… :smiling_imp: