Martin Phippard R.I.P

News has reached me that sadly Martin passed away on Monday evening. A great loss to trucking journalism.

this is very sad news. R.I.P Martin and sincere condolences to his family.

He was a really nice person and will be missed by very many not just here in the UK but around the world.

Apart from the many other aspects of his working life where he made many, many friends, he was an enthusiastic and very knowledgeable journalist, his articles in Trucking and other publications over the years were a joy to read. As one half of CP Productions he, together with his great friend Pete Connock, travelled the world filming heavy duty rigs at work which they then presented to the greater public via their those fabulous video and CD releases.

My sincere condolences to his wife Annie, his daughters, family and also to Pete who has lost a real soul mate. A terrible, terrible loss, gone far too soon.

this is very sad news. sincere condolences to his family & friends, R.I.P. Mr Phippard :frowning:

gaz

RIP

Condolences to his family. RIP Mr Phippard.

RIP from me too, I have read a lot of his stuff and can confirm he will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family.

RIP Martin.

R.I.P Martin .STEVE B.

I am greatly saddened by this inevitable news.

No more joking and leg pulling about Mack in France, or shared experience and memories.

Sleep well dear friend, I and many others will miss you.

Martin
Have the best time you can up there, drive them trucks hard and laugh at us down here still working.

Condolences to Annie & Family.

Greatly Missed
Rich & Kay

R.I.P. Martin

r.i.p. martin.

I always rated his articles as excellent. Martin Phippard & Pat Kennet could write an article that virtually made you feel and visualise you were actually present at the scene. Excellent trucking knowledge and even greater journalism. RIP Martin.

He was also known worldwide and we are sad of this loss.

I bought the DVD he was involved in about Heavy Haulage in Western Australia at the weekend and was watching it for the first time on Monday evening. RIP Martin.

Just registered yesterday, and I see there’s a special thread about Martin Phippard! I got to Know Martin through Big Lorry Blog 6 or 7 years ago, long before his sickness was diagnosed, and we exchanged by mail for quite a time. He sounded to me a very kind man, and even bothered in printing for me very good quality pictures of my favourite British Trucks. He was also interested in truks all around the world, including France, and was a personal friend of the Borca family who ran a fleet of Bernard, then Mack and MB trucks near Paris.

Among them, and in respect and memory to Martin, here is a 1950 AEC Mammoth Major III of the Tate & Lyle fleet, which I always considered as THE iconic British truck. Picture taken by Martin, and which I use as a gravatar on my favourite French Forum. Ideed a great loss for the trucking world.

Gone but never forgotten by those who knew him Froggy55. You are one of many worldwide friends he had.

I had occasion to write to Martin in the spring of 2012, this arose from an exchange of mail with Hank Suderman (hankstruckpictures) and use of pictures from his website, or in my case misuse, which all ended amicably I might add. I sought Martin’s permission for use of his photos on Trucknet, which he generously granted, not only that, in subsequent exchange of mails that we had he sent me more photos, also a brief history of his start on the lorry driving scene in 1964 and with a couple of spells in Canada before returning to UK, then global travel, extremely knowledgeable in all things trucks, and yes truly a gentleman, one of those who create an impression in life that lives on thereafter. R. I. P.

In one of his mails he wrote “you might like this one”, taken on a trip to Sweden.
Oily

Here’s a link leading to galleries of pictures by Martin:

hankstruckpictures.com/martin_phippard.htm