Martin Brower

I know they do McDonalds, but does anyone know anything about them? Pay, conditions, the usual stuff?

Much obliged. :sunglasses:

American firm apparently.

OK, just for the record in case anybody wants to look these up in future.

I went for an interview at the Heywood site, where they serve the North of the UK. Bulk of the work is Class 1 for McDonalds, but they do a bit of Class 2 work for Papa Johns. Its £11.30-£11.40ph (I forget the exact figure), this is a flat rate and the job includes Saturday & Sunday working. You get £1ph extra for the PM shift. The weekend working wasn’t on a rota, you worked every weekend. Start times are all over the place, all unsociable as McDonalds don’t have deliveries at peak times. It’s an hour heavy job with occasional nights out, so you can earn the £££ but at the expense of all your weekends, which I why I turned it down. They are considering a 5 on, 3 off system which would be a massive improvement, but there was no guarantee. You get maps & risk assessments for all the restaurants, number of drops vary but generally 3-5. It’s cages & dollies, and you collect empties, cardboard and chip fat into a tank under the trailer.

My conclusion…not a bad job but awful hours.

Just to add to what rob has said…office staff talk to you like ■■■■ and you have timed deliveries,if you are late for your time slot,they want to know why !!!

Lots of agency drivers,that speaks volumes!

I was going to look into applying at the Basingstoke depot but I think I’ll stay where I am now ☺

Sounds like a load of baw bag.

£11.50 per hour for AM shifts, £12.50 for PM shifts. If you start at 00.01(which some shifts do) you are paid the ‘day rate’.
Easy enough work but you have no idea what time you start and as the chap above says, it’s any 5 days but WILL include both Saturday and Sunday every week.
I say it’s easy enough work, the ‘restaurants’ have car parks which are badly designed for cars. When you start reversing in off the main road in your artic, you start to realise how very badly they are designed. Street furniture, low walls, overhanging roofs and height barriers are the norm and when they are mixed with fat people who are waddling all over the place and who haven’t noticed you trying to reverse around blindside bends, it all becomes slightly stressful.
The people at the Heywood depot are all ace(In my limited experience) and the money is there to be made (my driver trainer told me that last year’s best earner made 54k but he was on an old contract).
It’s a decent job but the delivery points are enough to cause a stroke in the mildest chap and 03.00 starts plus working every weekend would mean that the kids would wonder who the ■■■■ I was after a month or two!

I see they are looking for class 1 & 2 at their Hemel site, money seems good. Does anybody know if they pay monthly or weekly?