MARTIN BOWERS Hemel Hempstead

Hello Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on this forum could provide me some information about Martin Bower.
Are they work with agencies?
If so, Which one?
What is the job like?
Many handballing involved?
What about management and working conditions?
Is It a good company to work for?

What they communicate through they website is sound good, but is it the reality?
I recently saw they add and the company offers a salary up to 40K for class one wich is not bad, but If the work similar like BIdvest. I probably gonna forget it.

Any info appreciated.

Ive delivered chips (french fries ) in there by the looks of it quite a bit of macdonalds livered vechicles so at guess lots of burger deliveries
which can mean early drops with not so great accsess. but im no expert and cant say for sure

I was interviewed at Heywood and didn’t bother. They are an American outfit I think, over here doing the McDonalds contract. I think they do Papa Johns as well.

Money is £11odd an hour, but unless things have changed that was a flat rate and they want you to work every Sat and Sun. The start times were horrible as well, talk of midnight starts and such ■■■■■■■■. They do a lot of distance so you sometimes get nights out and you can get a lot of hours in, fair number of their drivers earning £40k+.

In all, great if you just care about money, but not if you want any sort of work/life balance.

Did it for a bit. 5 on 2 off, work every sat/sun. Super early starts or super late nightshift, depending on which way you wanted to look at it. Boring but easy drops, all risk assessed. And free coffee’s at every stop, bluff the odd burger here and there. Not too much pushing. Awful hours though, not for me tar!

Seems to be quite a bit of messing about with dollies and cages though? I can’t believe you can’t get a free burger like the staff do…

Thank you guys all the info. I would not worry to try it but, they unfortunately refused my application due to lack of experience. So I keep looking.