Marshalls Falkirk/Carluke

scanny77:
Yes you can. They are certified so you will get a receipt just like the DCPC. I paid for them myself and claimed them as a business expense. HIAB should also qualify for some of your DCPC too as it is training related to the job

That’s good news then, What kind of percentage do you get back? or Is it just the VAT you get back?

Dunky123:
Hi mate.not sure about ■■■■■■■■■■■ but Travis have a yard at Bishopbriggs ( the old Briggs building supplies).
Mcnairs have a big fleet from 7.5 ton box vans right upto 44 ton Volvo fm units that pull hiab and tipper trailers.
Mcnairs have quite a few curtainsiders as well.

Duncan

Yeah well that’s another few doors for me to knock, What about Marley Eternit in between Bishopbriggs and Torrance, Do they have trucks that run out of there?

Craigs of Denny do a lot of work for Marshalls at Falkirk as well as Aggregate Industries at Chryston. ARR Craib also do a lot of work for Marshall although this is a trunking exercise as Marshall have a couple of trucks based in ARRC’s Dyce yard who tranship the loads then deliver them. I have heard Marshall is a good employer.

G6Bob:

scanny77:
Yes you can. They are certified so you will get a receipt just like the DCPC. I paid for them myself and claimed them as a business expense. HIAB should also qualify for some of your DCPC too as it is training related to the job

That’s good news then, What kind of percentage do you get back? or Is it just the VAT you get back?

Dunky123:
Hi mate.not sure about ■■■■■■■■■■■ but Travis have a yard at Bishopbriggs ( the old Briggs building supplies).
Mcnairs have a big fleet from 7.5 ton box vans right upto 44 ton Volvo fm units that pull hiab and tipper trailers.
Mcnairs have quite a few curtainsiders as well.

Duncan

Yeah well that’s another few doors for me to knock, What about Marley Eternit in between Bishopbriggs and Torrance, Do they have trucks that run out of there?

You will be able to claim it as as a business expense, in real terms you get 20% back as you won’t pay Corporation Tax on the whole costs.

I also got some CPC credit when on the course, although I had all my hours by then so it didn’t matter.

I did my HIAB at Ritchies as part of my resettlement on leaving the Forces, it was just the hook on the 5 day course, but they had the other attachments if you wanted to pay extra to get them.
That only gave you your Blue Card, you still needed to get an NVQ within 2 years to get your Red Card. I didn’t want that kind of work so I let mine lapse.

Hi,I’ve only been into the Marley site once but they’ve got a lot of trucks that run out of there.
Don’t know why but something in the back of my mind tells me that their transport is done by Wincanton(could be 100% wrong though.)

Duncan

rivits:
Craigs of Denny do a lot of work for Marshalls at Falkirk as well as Aggregate Industries at Chryston. ARR Craib also do a lot of work for Marshall although this is a trunking exercise as Marshall have a couple of trucks based in ARRC’s Dyce yard who tranship the loads then deliver them. I have heard Marshall is a good employer.

Thanks mate, I also have heard they are good to work for, but the agency haven’t got back to me :angry: Do you know if Craigs do overnights?

Dunky123:
Hi,I’ve only been into the Marley site once but they’ve got a lot of trucks that run out of there.
Don’t know why but something in the back of my mind tells me that their transport is done by Wincanton(could be 100% wrong though.)

Duncan

Yeah, heard Wincanton are also good to work for :grimacing: