MARSHALL

Hi does anyone have any info or photos of a company called MARSHALL, I’m referring to a firm j remember from the 80’s the trucks were red with White lettering, I’ve got a feeling they were from derby or Nottingham way? I have tried a google search, and I have seen a few trucks on the roads by the name of marshalls but these are a different company hauling drain pipes and such like and not the one I’m referring to! The trucks I remember were old daf dk’s, the driver lived near us and went working for atkins who were in derby I think, any help would be great, thanks harryvr6.

I can remember them had a few Albions and Leylands think thet were from Notttingham

i subbed for marshalls in the 60s . their yard was in bulwell , they did a lot of export packing and ran a night trunk to liverpool . their liverpool depot was at old swan . i did days about tipping liverpool and nottingham alternate . they had the raw tobacco contract from the bond at liverpool to players at nottingham . they were good to work for and their shunters taught me how to rope and sheet to a high standard , cheers , dave

Excellent thanks chaps, does anyone have any photos of their tricks at all? I can remember the cabs being red with White lettering and a black shadow under it, I’m going to build a model in 1.24 scale soon, thanks again, harryvr6.

I have got several photo’s but they are all in B/W and they are all old stuff 8 wheel atki stuff like that

if it helps harry , the trunk units were lad cabbed leyland comets with 4 in line trailers . you are spot on with the colour scheme as i recall it , cheers , dave

rigsby:
if it helps harry , the trunk units were lad cabbed leyland comets with 4 in line trailers . you are spot on with the colour scheme as i recall it , cheers , dave

I remember Marshalls as well,didn’t they get taken over by Stirlands?

harryvr6:
Hi does anyone have any info or photos of a company called MARSHALL, I’m referring to a firm j remember from the 80’s the trucks were red with White lettering, I’ve got a feeling they were from derby or Nottingham way? I have tried a google search, and I have seen a few trucks on the roads by the name of marshalls but these are a different company hauling drain pipes and such like and not the one I’m referring to! The trucks I remember were old daf dk’s, the driver lived near us and went working for atkins who were in derby I think, any help would be great, thanks harryvr6.

Hiya…the red AEC’s and later mercs carring the pipes was most probley Stone and Ogan.(David Ogan was my godfather) they had the clay cross pipe contract for years… they also had a huge contract with Bass 40 trailers a day, until the Time Team(brs) chopped the rate to bits. David parked up and sold up… i remember the marshalls transport well, did.nt they have just a lager M on the door and marshalls on a headboard.
Rigsby has got the correct information for the company… there dos’nt seem to be any photo’s of marshalls or stone and ogan available in colour.
John

Hi I remember Marshalls from the late fifties eight wheeler Atkis and trailers on the night trunk to Liverpool.They used to have a small sign just behind the second steer with a light over it which said , Beware of the Trailer.They had the BACCY job to Nottingham alongside AA Taylors from Newton le Willows.Long time ago eh. Ted

Hi heres a couple from the early pages of the Scrapbook.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

When I started driving in the sixties I used to be up and down the A38 from Bristol to Gloucester every week when it had the centre overtaking lane for both directions and it was a death trap. The only two firms that I can remember keeping well out of the way of on this road were Marshalls and Kendricks who I think ran tippers

Phil.

Both my brother and I drove for A.R. Marshall from their depot in William St. Ashton-u-Lyne during the late 60s. We started by doing cigarette rounds for John Player in the Greater Manchester area, then "graduated" to bigger stuff. I became the "Yorkshire Flyer" delivering process chemicals (Tanatex) to cotton and wool mills round Yorkshire, but also north Lancs. Drove an 8 ton Ford D, picking up finished textiles back to Ashton depot where we loaded them onto an artic. ferrying them to Northern Ireland to be made into shirts etc. Depot manager was Basil Marriott (just Bas to us) They were good days while we were young and strong enough. My brother Phil took his Class 1 and drove long distance for several firms for years, but has just retired. I just stayed with class 3, which I took under training by Marshalls instructor Malcolm Gillott. But now I`m 70, so hung my keys up long ago!
Cheers! Richard Griffin, alias charliegriff1942.