Marshall/ solstor

Normal info ,ta

I guess you asking about Marshalls who are now owned by Solstor, when it was Marshalls it was one of the best jobs on the planet, and when Solstor took them over a lot of the drivers left, that was mainly because they were on fantastic money and solstor cut them down to reality. he equipment is good, the work is collecting from farms for delivery to Waitrose depots, all in all its not a bad job. I use to work for solstor in crayford so know the set up, sometimes you will go to crayford, and even overnight there in the depot, but mainly its supermarket work ( depots not markets ) and i believe they were put on a lower wage than Crayford at just over 30 grand basic, whereas i believe Marshalls are on around 26 grand, but dont quote me.

I was speaking to a Lincolnshire subby the other week he was doing Waitrose work out of Yaxley for Solstor, he said they’ve lost the contract to Fresh Linc now. He was asking about our place if we have Subbys.

Loaded out of fresh linac last week still a few solstor drivers in there although they’re not happy

Thanks all,it’s for a mate who has been on agency for gist but only getting 3 days a week,so heard mar/ solstor wanted drivers so has applied,I’ll pass on what you’ve said,thanks again

He’s been for interview and just waiting too know,it’s a daily rate of £103 in the week,more sat/sun,won’t be too bad if it’s 10/11 hr days ( they say abt 11) but there’s always the fear it’ll be 13/14/15 hr days.
Said 5 days one week,6 the next,said if he gets it,going too give it a go as getting nothing off agency