Marks And Spencer Edinburgh

Hi all

I have a new shop fit delivery to Marks and Spencer, Princess Street Edinburgh, EH2 2DQ on Sunday at 19:00.

Ive just been having a look on street view and it seems the delivery point is round the back on Rose St S Lane.
Now the access to this lane, off Rose street seems awfully tight.
The job was down as being a 7.5t job which just usually means there’s only a couple of pallets, which there is only 3, but im wondering if its a 7.5t job for the reason of the crappy access.

I was wondering if any of you knew that area/shop/street in question and know if I can get an 18t down there.

It seems daft to send me 300 miles in a truck on a job when it could go on a van :open_mouth:

Don’t think I’ve been down rose st lane but I’ve done deliveries in 18t right next to it before. An 18t is about as big as you’d want to take down there and even then it’s tight. It gets even worse to manoeuvre about the lanes in the summer when the council put out the big plant pots on the street, hanging baskets on the street lamps and the coffee shops have their tables and chairs outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it’s not a ridiculously long wheel base vehicle or a vehicle with a large tail swing you should be ok, but it will be tight. If I was you I would try and get stopped somewhere and take a wee walk in before you commit, one parked car or any small obstruction could completely ■■■■ you up.
If you had been going in on Saturday I could have played at being a banksman for you, I’ll be in rose street most of tomorrow afternoon although probably by 7 'o’clock I’ll be having difficulty maneuvering myself never mind helping anybody else. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You should be fine as long as you dodge the posh folk in there Range Rovers collecting their dinner for two specials at the back door.

I’ve been in the next block along behind Boots a few times. Guess it will be a similar layout. Might be a reverse in if so. That was in a 8 wheel plant wagon.

I hate Edinburgh deliveries. Had to drive a telescopic boom along and across tram lines last week. Was a bit worried about getting zaped off the power lines . :neutral_face:

Delivery will probably be in through the front door on princes st, think the loading restrictions mean 8pm but might be different on a Sunday

Thanks guys

I’ll definitely be taking a walk down to have a look, it’s a 16 pallet 18t so not the longest and doesn’t have a tragic tail swing but it’s not the shortest we have either.

That’s what I was thinking originally Blackbart, I was going to ring the actual store up tomorrow and ask where they have their deliveries because I thought most were done by artics, but I’m not sure I want to believe someone on the end of the phone when they say the roads will be fine.

Being a Sunday delivery, we usually get there early before the fitters and dump the stuff in the store room whilst the staff are still there, gives me enough time to get out of there and find somewhere to park for the night. Obviously if it’s through the front, that kind of ■■■■■ my plans up a bit.