Marketing strategies

The title of this thread might sound like the sort of miserable dreck that business studies students must read, but pay attention!

Since the War, some lorry manufacturers have been more successful than others. I reckon this is as much to do with the sales, service and advertising of the marques, as much as it is the engineering in the vehicles. Some have a strong image, others are “cheap to buy, cheap to sell”. Was a Scania LB110 really superior to a Fiat 619, or was it just better sold? Were F88s more popular than Berliets, simply because there were more dealers to look after them? Reading through the drivers’ opinions on here, there does not seem to be much to separate them all, in any given era.

Which makes of lorry have succeeded through good marketing, and why are the others less well-regarded? Operators, mechanics, drivers- anyone’s opinion is valid, to me anyway.

good aftermarketing is the point ,in my opinion, have only had scanias andvolvos ,and hold on whit scanias ,(have 1 volvo)couse aftermarketing and i know my scannies :smiley: :smiley: ,the volvo is a stranger after all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: