Marker lights

Would you take out a DD trailer with NS top bulb and lens missing?

Picked one up last night, said item missing, rang TM, was told not our trailer, and speak with customer.

After heated exchange, made note on defect sheet and reluctantly took down to brum where it would be repaired, still daylight at this point.

Upon arrival at hub was informed nah mate no fitters on tonight, will be Monday, to which I replied afraid I won’t be taking it back to Manchester like that, went back to cab and got head down. 20 minutes later knock on door and bulb and lens appeared, had to go up on forks to replace.

If only a top marker yes I would take it.

:laughing: me bein drama queen then, lol

Surely a top marker light being out is safer than going up on a forklift to fix it? Don’t think i’d be worried about any top markers being inop.

I wouldn’t use it. Its defective lighting,and as for using forks to get up there to fix it? A, its not my job (we are expressly forbidden) to fix things,and B, it goes against every working at height directive, wether real,known or imagined.

I’m not saying you’re a drama queen lol. Just that I would take it. If that’s right or wrong is another matter…

The fact that the trailer belongs to someone else is totally irrelevant, the haulier is responsible for the roadworthiness of vehicle that’s the law.

You’ll be OK… until you get stopped.

But a good TM will take full responsibility (when pigs start flying).

Yeah i woul have taken it without a moments hesitation, weite it on your defect though to cover your behind

stevegm3:
Would you take out a DD trailer with NS top bulb and lens missing?

Picked one up last night, said item missing, rang TM, was told not our trailer, and speak with customer.

After heated exchange, made note on defect sheet and reluctantly took down to brum where it would be repaired, still daylight at this point.

Upon arrival at hub was informed nah mate no fitters on tonight, will be Monday, to which I replied afraid I won’t be taking it back to Manchester like that, went back to cab and got head down. 20 minutes later knock on door and bulb and lens appeared, had to go up on forks to replace.

this is a joke right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

richmond:
Yeah i woul have taken it without a moments hesitation, weite it on your defect though to cover your behind

Write a defect before departure? Dodgy ground there…

merc0447:

richmond:

Everyone knows you wait until you’re at least 50kms down the road then spot it :smiley:

stevegm3:
:lol: me bein drama queen then, lol

new breed of driver eh …yawnnnnn…

Jesus wept & the British once ruled the world…

10-08:

merc0447:

richmond:

Everyone knows you wait until you’re at least 50kms down the road then spot it :smiley:

Sorry officer/mr Vosa man it was working when I left the yard :wink:

DAF95XF:

10-08:

merc0447:

richmond:

Sorry officer/mr Vosa man it was working when I left the yard :wink:

“That’s ok, just don’t tell me any more lies. Now [zb] off and get it sorted asap”, says the Officer/VOSA man who wouldn’t have stopped you in the first place.

It’s an outline marker light, it isn’t the end of the World.
No head light, or no tail lights on one side is a different matter. You would get a pull for that, but not for a top marker.

Some companies are finding it hard enough to make a profit these days without something as trivial as a marker light causing a load to fail it’s deadline.

I’d personally run it without hesitation, then defect it at the end of the shift. I very much doubt VOSA would bother that much about it too.

topmarker ■■ c’mon surely its not going to affect your run, i once lost side lights on the trailer coming back from aberdeen still had brake lights and indicators so i swapped the big bulbs out the fog lights on the trailer for smaller 1’s and kept it goin back to liverpool

no body hurt and i thought of the children too

I’d take it, but I’m getting to be an old school dinosaur , I would probably have fixed it myself anyway. Too much H&S crap and not my job these days :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Company had been informed of the defect and had plenty of time to arrange for repairs to be made at the hub. It would have stayed there until fixed.