Mark Thompson Transport

Where have they appeared from? Yellow and silverish motors.

Never heard or spotted them before, yet the last couple of months they’ve been all over!

Is it just me being dim? Are they a new set-up? Set up under a different name?

Cheers.

Think the number on the door starts with 01925, that’s Warrington, I’ve noticed them about a bit recently too

Yep, they’re in Warrington, been around for years, they do containers and tauts.

It’s the BBC Director General’s new business venture into Road Transport after handing in his resignation from the Beeb.
Apparently he has always wanted to be a Lorry Driver and becoming an owner of a small fleet of yellow and silverish trucks is a lifelong ambition of his.
In recent years he has been unable to concentrate on the job at hand at the BBC because of his burning ambition to be a trucker and because of all the Government red tape he thought enough was enough and told the Governers to “stick their job up their arse” before dragging one of them through a small hatch window.

Good luck Mr Thompson. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seen a cpl of them running around Glasgow during the night.iirc i think they subbed for citylink.

jf1970:
Seen a cpl of them running around Glasgow during the night.iirc i think they subbed for citylink.

There is usually one parked in Bothwell services with a citylink trailer every morning around 7.30.

Are they connected to T.T Thompson
that used to run out of Warrington? closed down a few years ago, they did a lot for Kellogg’s I think and went over the water

Funny enough, I was just Thinking the same thing only last week after counting 9 of them heading south on the m74/m6

They work out of Tuffnells Haydock as well.

Been around a while but grown. They do a lot of night trunk stuff for Citylink Tuffnels etc then motors do box work and other stuff on the dayshift. All tidy gear and straight easy work. I know a couple of lads on for them.Moneys apparently ok but not great. That said I’ve never heard a bad word and the lads I know seem to enjoy it. IIRC the main yard is Wigan way and they have a small one next to Citylink on Appleton estate.

HTH

Bikemonkey:
It’s the BBC Director General’s new business venture into Road Transport after handing in his resignation from the Beeb.
Apparently he has always wanted to be a Lorry Driver and becoming an owner of a small fleet of yellow and silverish trucks is a lifelong ambition of his.
In recent years he has been unable to concentrate on the job at hand at the BBC because of his burning ambition to be a trucker and because of all the Government red tape he thought enough was enough and told the Governers to “stick their job up their arse” before dragging one of them through a small hatch window.

Good luck Mr Thompson. :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That name always sends a shiver down my spine after he tried to destroy 6 Music

switchlogic:
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That name always sends a shiver down my spine after he tried to destroy 6 Music

The will and power of the people definately worked in this case…highlighting the station and allowing more musically orientated people to tune in and hear its superior sound. :wink: