Mark Thompson in Doncaster

Anyone come across this company please?

I have been offered a interview for a temp to perm position on £130 a day with Mark Thompson in Doncaster apparently running out of Victoria Plum

I’ve not accepted it as I have never heard of this company even though i work myself in Doncaster

Kinaxia Group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They park in the Atlas hgv training yard on Carr hill, predominantly EE staff, and they live in the trucks 24/7, there’s a thunderbox in the corner of a the yard for them. But other than that according to the trainers at Atlas the P.Phlops spend a couple of months there before returning home for a break, and someone else take the place

Swerve!

Wheel Nut:
Kinaxia Group

Something brewing with these.

Noticed them pulling Kinaxia branded trailers now, drivers wearing Kinaxia branded uniforms. Next thing is Kinaxia branded units & the abolition of all the company names they have bought & there will be an new overnight heavyweight on the general haulage circuit.

So the consensus is to avoid then eh?

Always advertising and have every agency within a 100 mile radius advertising for them.
Every driver tends to be fully lobotomised.
If you fancy things like Warrington to Maidstone,on a Friday afternoon with a 1400 start for £130 crack on.Dont worry about running out of hours they’ll rescue you! They do the ■■■■■ that nobody sensible will touch.

rob22888:

Wheel Nut:
Kinaxia Group

Something brewing with these.

Noticed them pulling Kinaxia branded trailers now, drivers wearing Kinaxia branded uniforms. Next thing is Kinaxia branded units & the abolition of all the company names they have bought & there will be an new overnight heavyweight on the general haulage circuit.

Its a little hotch potch of weasel faced directors hiding away behind numerous little companies.

Something very dodgy about kinaxia and their “directors” suddenly appearing with tens of millions in funding.
Looks like most of their acquisitions are palletforce members so guess they aim to take over that network ultimately.

As for mark Thompson, 99% of their work is traction for Hermes, arrow etc.
They have units based in our yard and I have given up trying to talk to the drivers, you are lucky to get a grunt in response. If you speak Romanian you will be fine. Multumesc!!
Had an interesting chat with the engineer installing cameras in their cabs the other day though.

halewood:
Always advertising and have every agency within a 100 mile radius advertising for them.
Every driver tends to be fully lobotomised.
If you fancy things like Warrington to Maidstone,on a Friday afternoon with a 1400 start for £130 crack on.Dont worry about running out of hours they’ll rescue you! They do the [zb] that nobody sensible will touch.

Point taken!!! :smiley:

In my opinion , their drivers collected tokens from a cornflakes box to get a license to drive badly.
Tailgating and bullying.

I work for a different company bought by Kinaxia, just diwn the road from the spanking huge new warehouse Kinaxia have also acquired at DIRFT.

At the moment anyway everyone is still running as per the status quo but we cover each other’s work now and again. Pay and terms etc still all local level.

Nobody here really knows what will happen long term but rebranding is expected by most because it just makes sense.

Never heard of kinaxia! Is that going to be the next XPO that appeared from nowhere and quickly took over everything?
In the olden days it took years for companies such as stobbarts to grow large enough to dominate. These days it seems to happen overnight.
How so?

Kynszon:

No! Don’t listen to all the doom and gloom you always get on here. If your in the market for a new job and you want to give them a try then just go for it and see for yourself. Worst that can happen is it’s not for you then you can leave and move on elsewhere. Look at all the Stobart stories. Some people actually will enjoy working there and find it to be a good job that works well for them (no I don’t work for Stobart and never have).

If you’ve got as far as being offered an interview/assessment you clearly were interested enough to take it that far so just give a shot would be my advice.

Rowley010:

Kynszon:

No! Don’t listen to all the doom and gloom you always get on here. If your in the market for a new job and you want to give them a try then just go for it and see for yourself. Worst that can happen is it’s not for you then you can leave and move on elsewhere. Look at all the Stobart stories. Some people actually will enjoy working there and find it to be a good job that works well for them (no I don’t work for Stobart and never have).

If you’ve got as far as being offered an interview/assessment you clearly were interested enough to take it that far so just give a shot would be my advice.

Quite.

You set your own stall out when you start a new job, if others fly around like their arse is on fire it doesn’t mean you have to.

We’re all different, and that’s the beauty of the industry, try as they might they can’t clone us, oh they’d like to with their corporate ■■■■■■■■ and debrief :unamused: sheets, but we are all individuals so as Rowley says, if you fancy it give it a go, if it works out over a few months, great, if it doesn’t then you yourself have made the decision, not some anonymous stranger on the internet.

Juddian:

Rowley010:

Kynszon:

Quite.

You set your own stall out when you start a new job, if others fly around like their arse is on fire it doesn’t mean you have to.

Is it just a coincidence that everyone of them flies around then? They burn through drivers at a frightening rate.Id stay at Stobarts meself on hourly pay, until I found a decent job.

Juddian:

Rowley010:

Kynszon:

Quite.

We’re all different, and that’s the beauty of the industry, try as they might they can’t clone us, oh they’d like to with their corporate ■■■■■■■■ and debrief :unamused: sheets, but we are all individuals so as Rowley says, if you fancy it give it a go, if it works out over a few months, great, if it doesn’t then you yourself have made the decision, not some anonymous stranger on the internet.

I just want a Trunking job on nights employed for £30k a year and thats it!

It seems to get on in this industry you have to be self employed but this worries me as work is not guaranteed and you never know where you are from one day to the next…I really don’t know how people cope with it

halewood:

Juddian:

Rowley010:

Kynszon:

Quite.

Is it just a coincidence that everyone of them flies around then? They burn through drivers at a frightening rate.Id stay at Stobarts meself on hourly pay, until I found a decent job.

Yeah I am going to have to but this is the issue finding a Trunking job on nights…employed

nomiS36:
Never heard of kinaxia! Is that going to be the next XPO that appeared from nowhere and quickly took over everything?
In the olden days it took years for companies such as stobbarts to grow large enough to dominate. These days it seems to happen overnight.
How so?

By uniting several well known and respected family hauliers into a large group, they already own the infrastructure, the vehicles and 3 or 4 hundred years of industry experience. XPO didn’t pop out of nowhere, it was an amalgamation of lots of family owned businesses who joined forces to beat the like of BRS. EXEL. DHL.

Stobart didn’t start like that, he stamped on peoples fingers!

Mark Thompson only want drivers who are the worst of the worst. Foot down, pedal to the metal on the limiter everywhere, dangerous overtakes, driving up the backsides of the truck in front trying to push them down the road, not even a ■■■ packet between them and the car they’re trying to shove through lane 2 in the roadworks. If that’s your style of driving then you’ll fit in well.

Lets say they have a reputation and it certainly isn’t a good one.