Mark Goddard - Mr Beast

Just looking through an old copy of Trucking International which had Mark Goddard’s Mr Beast F16 on the cover.

Is Mark still operating and what happened to the F16, anybody know?

i tock this at brands hatch in 1988 or 89

Mark is a good friend of mine , although I haven’t seen him to talk to for some years, he now runs an FH16, it still has Mr Beast on it red in colour, he lives in the Northampton area, but doesn’t do Anglo Overseas anymore, not sure who he’s pulling for now, but I did see him on the M1 a couple of weeks ago.

I spoke to Mark earlier last year - I drive for HDNL at Shaw and came across his FH as I was driving into our other local depot. Knew it was the same guy who had the legendary '16, and pulled alongside. Impressed I remembered the machine, we had a short pleasant chat. Top fella :slight_smile:

i emember mark with the beast A666 AKV and the flowery shirts, not seem for for a while do know he had cancer and got over it, last seen pulling boxes for kings from northampton, propa genuine fella,

barry thickett haulage from suffolk did have it i believe (it used to park with his trucks in peasenhall at my exs grandparents house), i have a picture of it somewhere, but i have a feeling d j spall recovery from dallinghoo suffolk purchased it, so perhaps its now a wrecker. ill get my detective coat and anorak out when i get home

Thanks for all your replies guys.

I did wonder about that FH as Ive seen it on the A14 a couple of times but I thought it was a bit on the plain side for Mr G.

Cheers
Mark

Before A666 AKV, he had an F10 not called The Beast, how many of you remember when he had a Merc 608 sleeper with a specially constructed trailer (drawbar) that he used to fetch Ford car bodies from Germany with.

I recognise that truck, Im sure my dad used to drive with mr beast,
He also had an f16, metalic blue. Metrans, Mike Everley transport or maverick on the cb,

a mate of mine from newcastle,told me that mark goddard was driving an fh16 for t.s. transport of dundee.

hi
early eighties shot of the BEAST ,i think it was at the first truckfest at peterboro,i was a member of nene valley vans and my mate (stevie b) and i were asked to judge the best working truck, and we picked marks.

cheers diesel

Six weeks after he bought A666, Mark fell out of the cab and broke his leg, and he had to put a driver on it, damm near broke his heart it was his pride and joy.