Maritime

Any one know what the hourly rate for maritime is

Whats an outlay rate?

Sapper

stvme2519:
Any one know what the outlay rate for maritime is ?

No - but they must be one of the slowest trucks on earth.

They cause many close-quarters situations by being so ■■■■ slow.

Stuff Containers.

Please do a advanced search there is so much info for this company on here already. All you have to do all troll through it till you find what your looking for :slight_smile:

Already have nowt on the current hourly rate

selby newcomer:
£396 for a 55 hour week and £10 a day meal allowance, £10 and a bit after 55 hours.

So I’ve been told, accurate or not, I’m not sure.

From a thread in June about Doncaster so don’t know if that’s a nationwide pay rate.

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

Their trucks are set at 85ish, that’s the same sort of speed as lots of other lorries… Can’t say I’ve had a “close quarter situations” with them, but then again my lorry is able to be driven at a range of different speeds up to 89, I understand though that some lorries can only be driven on the limiter, not sure why this is.

Basic rate: £395 for 55 hrs.
Overtime rate: £10.25 per/hr.
Nights out: £23
Meal Allowance £10 per/day

Expect to work max hours every day and come across the most arrogant people in the offices around the country. It must be a criteria in the job description of a Transport Operator for that outfit.

Phone rings in the morning, “What time did you finish yesterday?, what time did you start today” Then when you’ve been held up on the M25 for two and a half hours because of an accident and you phone them up to tell them that you won’t be able to meet your 2pm delivery until 3pm, you’re then questioned about all your times again, when and where did you have a break etc? When the operator was asked the reason why he’s asking all this, “Oh I’m just making sure that the delay isn’t down to you being late.”
This was met with the response, “Well if you want to blame me for the accident happening and the fact the Air Ambulance had to attend, then yes it is my fault…Oh by the way, while you’re still on the phone… you can shove your ■■■■■■ job right up your arse.”

They constantly advertise, not because of continued success as they put it but because there planning is absolute rubbish and drivers keep leaving. In reality I personally think they are Stobarts under a different name.

So no good then?

Saaamon:
So no good then?

No mate, the job you’re told about at the interview is nothing like the one they offer you. Oh and on a scorching hot day when your waiting in a queue to get a box on you’ll have the motor ticking over with the aircon on. Next day the phone will ring and you’ll get a bollocking…“You were ticking over for 14 minutes yesterday, it costs a pound a minute to leave it ticking over. Either you switch off or you pay for the fuel.”

Maritime took over DHL Container Logistics 3 years ago.

That made Maritime the largest container transport company in the UK.

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

Hear, hear. I nearly died on a daily basis because of these damned idiots driving too slowly.

The big breakthrough came when I finally mastered the art of looking through that big oblong piece of glass in front of the big round spinny thing. After that I never nearly died again. Strange innit?

the maoster:

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

Hear, hear. I nearly died on a daily basis because of these damned idiots driving too slowly.

The big breakthrough came when I finally mastered the art of looking through that big oblong piece of glass in front of the big round spinny thing. After that I never nearly died again. Strange innit?

makes you wonder how he gets on when he catches up with a Tesco motor then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Saaamon:
I understand though that some lorries can only be driven on the limiter, not sure why this is.

Maybe because it gets you from A-B quicker & you cause less of an inconvenience/nuisance to other road users…

Saaamon:

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

Their trucks are set at 85ish, that’s the same sort of speed as lots of other lorries… Can’t say I’ve had a “close quarter situations” with them, but then again my lorry is able to be driven at a range of different speeds up to 89, I understand though that some lorries can only be driven on the limiter, not sure why this is.

the maoster:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whoa spare us the technical talk, we’re nothing but common working folk, round spinny thing and all that.

the maoster:

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

LMAO. :laughing:

Rob K:

the maoster:

Dieseldoforme:

stvme2519:

Stuff Containers.

LMAO. :laughing:

Funny as fark! :grimacing:

The figures given by Mikeshe are spot on for tramping work.
I went for an interview at Leeds about 3 weeks ago for a vacancy out of the Immingham depot.
Also if you are on day work it is 395 plus 100 tax free and nights is 525 plus 50 tax free.
Thats the figures that were given to me at the time.