Maritime

if maritime is that good why do they have to advertise■■?

globby 480:
my little grip on this, ,MODS why dont you make one of these maritime posts sticky, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and maybe people can read with out posting the wanna be clog wearing maritime tee shirt wearing o/d ■■? scheme route

+1 :bulb:
RIKKI, make it happen please. Thanks.

what? maritime first o/d with gtd with work 2nd do the work you get it pass on it o/d with his own motor he gets it he does a good job no head aches he keeps it if theres no work guess who gets it its obvious you pay the money you takes your chances pass on it and theres someone else stood behind you so on and so forth

lee mat:
what? maritime first o/d with gtd with work 2nd do the work you get it pass on it o/d with his own motor he gets it he does a good job no head aches he keeps it if theres no work guess who gets it its obvious you pay the money you takes your chances pass on it and theres someone else stood behind you so on and so forth

WTF? Can you let me know what language this is please so I can paste it into Google Translator to translate it into English. Thanks.

shuttlespanker:
a mate of mine called him about a trailer 2 hours after i had given him some abuse for being overpriced and was quoted £13,900 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

he had put the price up another £1000 in the space of 2 hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thats what is known as inflation Rob ! :wink:

thanks for all the comments, rang a number which was in the CM mag for the Maritime add and spoke to some guy, he didnt really say much just that he was going to send me some details on it

It probably is unfair to single Maritime out for the stick, all the big players in the container game are the same, it just seems that Maritime have the highest profile.

They are more than entitled like the others to advertise in Trucking and CM but when people ask for advice on here they are going to be told that they can do better elswhere which is the bottom line.

You can make a living going on for Maritime but the whole point of running your own wagon is you want to be doing a fair bit better than just making a living or you may as well just drive for someone else without all the grief.

I would maybe say you could use it as a spring board to put the feelers out and try and get on for a firm you are delivering in to/collecting from, being free with the business cards and the banter but in this economic climate you would need to be pretty lucky to move on up. If you like a gamble then this is the only plan I would suggest to someone hell bent on running their own wagon for a big container player.

why do you want to be a subbie?
get your own work, then you will make some money.