Maritime/wincanton container work

Does anyone know what the pay/terms are like on tramping work for Maritime or Wincanton?

Are they good companies to work for? Looks like all good new kit!

Thanks

i’ve only subbied to maritime so i cant give an exact answer, but from my brief experience i didnt think they could run a bath! i wouldnt want to drive for them.

sixaxles:
i’ve only subbied to maritime so i cant give an exact answer, but from my brief experience i didnt think they could run a bath! i wouldnt want to drive for them.

Is that not Logistics in a nutshell ■■

The shipping lines don’t like box hauliers to get too big in case they go belly up and lots of their boxes are left on the quay, they don’t put all their eggs in one basket.
Marytime have reached the upper limit of what the shippers consider ‘manageable in case of failure’ and are thus not giving them an even greater share of the box trade which is why marytime are now expanding into logistics as the shipping lines have no control over this area.

Before I left maritime I got the feeling that they were phasing out trampers and going more for day and night. They are getting further up tescos arse by the day, having lorries on the road 24/7 now as opposed to the old fashioned five and a half days that containers run

Do you know what the typical take home pay is like per week?

Maybe there after taking Stobarts share of the pie?