Maritime Transport

Looking for drivers at several depots,apply on line.

iankav:
Looking for drivers at several depots,apply on line.

crap money :grimacing:

Days drivers before tax £500 pw for 11 hours aday then £10.25 after 11 hours. Nice uniform nice trucks very easy work. £14.00 ph bank holidays (if you want them). Company pension yearly driving bonus and yearly accident bonus if no major accidents in the company don’t run bent. For day work up north this is in my opinion good money. At the end of the day your driving a truck and getting your head down while it’s unloaded (not uncommon to have 3 hours on a bay) not flying a plane!! People that moan about jobs like this have either never been unfortunate enough to have a tough job for a poor wage or just love to moan because they have nothing better to do. People should only comment if they have something constructive to say not just a one word answer that could potentially but somebody of taking a job that might be right for THEM which ultimately is what it comes down to.

Driver left our place said he could earn £700 quid a week at Maritime

SHYTOT:
Driver left our place said he could earn £700 quid a week

Probably not far off on max hours but this is unrealistic nor unusual to get knocked of after 10 hours which is a bonus on a Friday. I think if you take a job you should plan to earn the basic 500 pw anything else is extra beer tokens

Good work ethic youngy go for it, go get them bonuses mate.

To me they look like they could be a good enough place to work! The pay looks more than acceptable they would never make you do anything illegal and from what I can see about containers on here it’s one of the better jobs! But I get some people will always want that bit more no matter what industry they are in. Good luck to anyone who applies

I don’t care what they pay, 52mph, not for me…:laughing: (sorry to sound negative)

They were my first phone call once I’d passed. They will only take drivers with strict 2yr experience however, one the reasons given that the fleet is all less than 3yrs old and they want to keep it tidy.

I expect I’ll be ringing them in a couple of years again.

They were my last outfit before I retired - couldn’t fault 'em. And that’s after a lifetime of UK TIR CH NL I companies. ( I left because I got bored)

Youngy:
getting your head down while it’s unloaded (not uncommon to have 3 hours on a bay)

Sounds like my ideal job:grin:

I think my mate must be telling white lies he works for maritme and he is always skint ? :angry: :angry: :angry: he runs out of leeds

TheMissus:
They were my first phone call once I’d passed. They will only take drivers with strict 2yr experience however, one the reasons given that the fleet is all less than 3yrs old and they want to keep it tidy.

I expect I’ll be ringing them in a couple of years again.

They will take anybody at the leeds depot… but be prepared to be treated and spoken to like you are a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■… i told em to stick it after about 18 months. Best mate still works there. Came off tramping and went onto nights… gets treated alot better on nights

Surprising, thought they spoke to the drivers politely, must vary depot by depot.

Can u imagine chomping on the bit on a friday waiting 3 hours to get tipped when have got something on at the weekend,then when u get the green light u are going hell for leather at 52 to get home,i bet they let it go on the hills :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

container work very frustrating sometimes, 50% good 50 % bad :smiley: :smiley: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

maritimetransport.com/default.cfm

For anyone interested … hover your mouse over the “careers” button at the top of the page and there’s a long list of vacancies. Nothing at Bristol though, which was why I was looking.

Youngy:
Days drivers before tax £500 pw for 11 hours aday then £10.25 after 11 hours. Nice uniform nice trucks very easy work. £14.00 ph bank holidays (if you want them). Company pension yearly driving bonus and yearly accident bonus if no major accidents in the company don’t run bent. For day work up north this is in my opinion good money. At the end of the day your driving a truck and getting your head down while it’s unloaded (not uncommon to have 3 hours on a bay) not flying a plane!! People that moan about jobs like this have either never been unfortunate enough to have a tough job for a poor wage or just love to moan because they have nothing better to do. People should only comment if they have something constructive to say not just a one word answer that could potentially but somebody of taking a job that might be right for THEM which ultimately is what it comes down to.

Well said that Man, I did go round to FXT depot a couple off years ago, but I thought it felt a bit logistic for my taste. My preference is for haulage rather than logistic. I only here good things from current Maritime drivers, and bad things from former Maritime drivers, make off that what you will.

royhebb2:
container work very frustrating sometimes, 50% good 50 % bad :smiley: :smiley: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Isnt that the same for all haulage :wink:

seth 70:
Can u imagine chomping on the bit on a friday waiting 3 hours to get tipped when have got something on at the weekend,then when u get the green light u are going hell for leather at 52 to get home,i bet they let it go on the hills :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They dont often let em go on the hills. As for chomping at the bit, well you just have kick back and let it pass by. Long gone are the days off bothering to arrange anything on a friday :unamused: probably cos I used to spend most friday nights in a groupage depot somewhere or other :wink: