Maritime Transport

Hello everyone,
My first post is most likely not the most interesting but I am looking into information, positive or otherwise of working for Maritime. I have read some not so positive notes on the forum and would like some feedback before I attend an interview. I have had a telephone conversation and explained I have never been involved in containers or port collections but am assured that it isnt a problem. Here I hear otherwise. Any light would be good.
thanks, Brett

They Sulk.

Container work is a piece of ■■■■, just don’t damage the truck or you’re sacked.

Try searching Maritime on the forum.

Ken.

I worked for them, was sacked and will still tell you it’s not a BAD place to work.

Trucks are all top spec (well, were when I was there, seen a few Haxors around now), kit is well maintained and you run LEGAL.

If you’re in at 6, but don’t get in your truck till 6.20, make damned sure you put it in as a manual entry, same when you get out of the truck.
I was sacked for ‘fraudulant claims on my time sheet’, which basically was I’d park my truck up, do my paperwork etc, then eject my tacho, then I’d go in the office, do whatever needs doing in there and then get in my car and go get some grub (this is when I was back at base in Leeds - I still stayed in the truck due to living in Manchester except when it went on a night trunk). I put this time on my timesheet (time to walk from truck to office, deal with the muppets and get job for tomorrow and start time etc) but not on my tacho.
Another time, I was in the truck in a truck stop, no work arranged for next day, so they said “give’s a ring around 5ish”, so I woke up, rung at 5, nothing sorted so “give’s a ring in an hour”, so I did, nothing sorted so I said that I’m going to put my tacho in from now, so they can plan the day etc, I never did a manual entry from 5 till 6 (it was a friday :wink: ) but put 5am as start time on timesheet - defrauding company.

Just because you’re back at your yard at 7pm on a friday after being in work since 4am on Monday, don’t phone the missus and tell her to put tea on, they won’t think twice about sending you to another port including Felix or Southampton.

When cab hopping, be prepared for anything, I ran from Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds (all in 1 week) and got asked if I’d run down to Grain :open_mouth: .
I went on holiday for a couple of days, came back, phoned up and got told “you’re on nights this week, so see you at 7pm tomorrow night” :open_mouth:

BUT, money’s good, trucks are good, containers is a piece of ■■■■ - but they do other work now too - so keep your nose clean, stay 100% on tacho’s etc, and be a yes man and you’ll be fine :sunglasses:

Hi I subbi for them there are a good bunch the yards are ok the trucks are top speck but seen a few new trampers cab hop for a few weeks just keep your nose clean and youll be ok

Lot of people on here just make it up as they go on!
Maritime is a good firm to work for, good pay good kit good office staff.
As for getting sacked if you damage stuff, they arnt as strickt on that as they were.
If you get a chance to work for them take it, you won’t regret it.
As for some drivers on here whose mates brothers mates uncle worked for maritime and the job is crap. Take no notice.
Good luck mate

Harry Monk:
Container work is a piece of ■■■■, just don’t damage the truck or you’re sacked.

not exactly if you happen to damage anything best thing to do is ring em straight away and tell em what happened my first week here i smashed the glass on the n/s wing mirror i rang office told em said sorry etc they said right take it to scania an get it fixed u dozy twonk
when i got back in office they just said its happened dont worry about it its when people damage stuff and they try and get away without saying anything
its a decent job and if your struggling with ports n rail heads just ask someone will be around to show you the way what yard you having your interview at btw

Brettles:
Hello everyone,
My first post is most likely not the most interesting but I am looking into information, positive or otherwise of working for Maritime. I have read some not so positive notes on the forum and would like some feedback before I attend an interview. I have had a telephone conversation and explained I have never been involved in containers or port collections but am assured that it isnt a problem. Here I hear otherwise. Any light would be good.
thanks, Brett

if you are gonna be working out of leeds, you will not be put on containers you will have to go and do multi drop milk deliveries for arla foods, because ian fifer at leeds, so called (driver administrator) thinks its his company, will not take no for an answer,if you are unlucky to be at leeds and be a tramper, expect to be on arla everyday for a week, be home every night and only get a basic wage, but if you are a dedicated day man you can be expected to be on both arla and containers, be home every night, get the basic wage that trampers get + an extra 50 quid a week for being home every night, maritime are robbing drivers left right and centre, as been said before by other ops, the kit is good, the wages are good, if ya face fits, you will earn a decent wage, if ya face doesnt fit,(and there are quite a few that doesn’t) you will be ■■■■■■ on by everybody in the office, good luck

grahamzx6r:
ian fifer at leeds, so called (driver administrator) thinks its his company, will not take no for an answer,

Oh yes.

My mate will testify to that, and I think there is a queue to, shall we say, have a discussion with him.

Ken.

Quinny:

grahamzx6r:
ian fifer at leeds, so called (driver administrator) thinks its his company, will not take no for an answer,

Oh yes.

My mate will testify to that, and I think there is a queue to, shall we say, have a discussion with him.

Ken.

Thats who I meant when I said they sulk.