MARITIME TRANSPORT

Hello all,

Anyone know what these guy’s are like too work for monet wise plant ect…

I am thinking of applying there or would i be wasteing my time■■?

Check this out.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46189&p=524348#p524139

from what i can gather is, if you are based at a port depot then things are’nt so bad but in your looking to be based at an inland depot like leeds or manchester then your looking at 5 nights out and getting back sat afternoon.

ive got my information from a good few of the drivers and also the fella that does the interviewing at leeds as ive looked into it myself.

dont be blinded by the bling.

A mate of mine said that he is finding it hard to get the nights out because he always ends up in the yard unpaid, he works from a port depot.

Saw a few of their trucks at the container depot next to the trafford centre yesterday. What ports do they work from?

my brother is on there, moneys alright but what a bunch of ■■■■■■■ to work for (not his words), moral seems at an all time low there, my mate told them to stuff their job eariler this year, from what i can gather job security is good (as long as you dont do any damage to the truck) all legal and above board and good equipment, but from what i have heard i wouldnt go there for a job

Warren T. Claim:
Saw a few of their trucks at the container depot next to the trafford centre yesterday. What ports do they work from?

All of them.

i cant wait for shuttlespanker to see this thread! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what euromat said, is spot on.
all legel, top tackle, but they will rule your life, if they are busy, you will be, if its quiet, they park you up, on about 10 hours 59 minutes.
some of the management, posess no people skills, or man management at all.
i won’t name names, but here the ■■■■ is leaving the tilbury depot soon :grimacing:

Giblsa:
i cant wait for shuttlespanker to see this thread! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i have already seen it, and i have only one thing to say

i refuse to answer that on the grounds it may incriminate me at a later date :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i think just about everything has been covered by Euromat and Chilistrucker, different depots treat drivers differently, as in, the office staff at Tilbury can be total cockholes towards their drivers, but Marchwood on the other hand are completely different.

another thing to watch out for, if you run out of marchwood and end up in felixstowe, they will ignore you for at least 20 minutes whilst you are waiting at the window for your paperwork. Each depot seems to run independantly of each other, as if it is several companies with the same trading name, not one big company.

I am a subby out of Southampton depot and have been for over three years now, if i go into Thamesport office and ask them for bolt seals, the usual reply is “sorry drive, we haven’t got any”, then 10 minutes later, i’m still standing there waiting for paperwork, one of their own depot drivers will come in and ask for some seals, the answer is “yeah, no worries mate, how many do you want?” :unamused:

i could go on and on and on :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

good company to be employed by, good tackle, all above board, not silly much overtime available atm but the plus point is getting paid 11 hours a day regardless. im not 100% happy here at the minute but getting paid 55hrs minimum a week is more importantn than my prefrences in this current economic climate, if you have any specfic questions just ask me.

steve o:
good company to be employed by, good tackle, all above board, not silly much overtime available atm but the plus point is getting paid 11 hours a day regardless. im not 100% happy here at the minute but getting paid 55hrs minimum a week is more importantn than my prefrences in this current economic climate, if you have any specfic questions just ask me.

you the one i was talking to in Birch Coppice the other week?

yes mate

If its anything like their corporate office then I’d stay away.

I’m trying to find a company to do some work picking up containers and getting the from the boat for me, Maritime seems to be the best for the whole package but trying to even arrange the transaction with them is a big series of red tape and phonecalls. Been speaking to them for a week now and they still can’t decide what they do and don’t offer :S

Alex