Maritime Transport

Afternoon,

i was just wondering if anyone has had an assessment with maritime? I have an interview / assessment with them and would next week so would like to know what to expect?

Thanks in advance.

Not had one with Marmite but my suggestions are plenty of mirror use, good indication, good lane procedures, keep to speed limits, be courteous and drive with good vehicle sympathy in fact drive it like your’e paying for the fuel that you use but do and try to make good progress at the same time.

Not sure if they make you hitch up or not but a good tip is to get out and check handbrake of trailer is on before you get under with the unit and ask the assessor to check brake lights for you.

That should do for a starter.

Thanks for the reply bald bloke. will keep them all in mind. :smiley:

Not done the assessment since I was from the roadways acquisition but to add to the above, daily checks are likely going to be on the agenda.

I have never worked in conjunction with Maritime. But when I carry out pre-employment assessments for other operators, anyone who doesn’t check the vehicle before attempting to drive it isn’t going to get the job. It’s surely the most basic of requirements.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I have never worked in conjunction with Maritime. But when I carry out pre-employment assessments for other operators, anyone who doesn’t check the vehicle before attempting to drive it isn’t going to get the job. It’s surely the most basic of requirements.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Our assessments are a drive only followed by some reversing blind side and good side and questions on driver hours highway code etc, on the 2 day induction we teach all about vehicle checks and split coupling/uncoupling.

Marmite :laughing:

Thanks for the replies guys. I will take all points on bored.

Iain1982:
Afternoon,

i was just wondering if anyone has had an assessment with maritime? I have an interview / assessment with them and would next week so would like to know what to expect?

Thanks in advance.

Have you recently passed your class 1 test? Are Maritime giving you a shot with not much experience reason im asking is im struggling to find anywhere to take on new passes!

sadly i got a call today saying i need at least 6 months experience then i can re-apply.

Maritime in Trafford? If you got rejected, try Freighliner, they’re only round the corner and they were advertising for 4 on 4 off just last week.

nah it was doncaster, running out of ikea 4 on 4 off.

Last year they were asking for two years experience. That was in the Midlands.

Don’t know if it’s too far for you to travel ( it Definately is if you want day work)
Reed boardall in boro bridge will give you a job. They are looking to cover all shifts, but from donny, it would have to be tramping.

If you want experience try Emms they are Doncaster based but work out of Immingham docks on ferry trailers. Or if you don’t mind commuting to Immingham try Exceed/Benhaul they take on new starters as do Immigrant (sorry Immingham) Transport.

Good luck mate.