maritime manchester

Just wondered if anyone on here has worked for maritime out of trafford Park just wanted an accurate picture of what their like to work for and a bit of knowledge / background on them thanks.

I think there are quite a few threads on Maritme scally,quite recent as well,might be worth doing a search.

Are they still near Manu car park ?

harry:
Are they still near Manu car park ?

No, they’re in DHL’s old yard near Freightliner, since they bought DHL containers out about 2009ish?

The old yard was a complete mess but the crew were always v.helpfull.

Not a bad depot to work for, if you take a job as a “tramper” don’t think that you’ll be away all week every week, cos you won’t. But don’t let that put you off you can earn good money. Everything is run strait, and the kit is good. If you get the chance of a job go for it.

Cabs have microwaves and fitted satnavs.No parking in laybys,only Msa’s on account.

toby1234abc:
Cabs have microwaves and fitted satnavs.No parking in laybys,only Msa’s on account.

That must be new Toby - or one of your many dreams.

The cabs when I worked there were all the top of the range you could get, topliner scania, ssc daf’s, xxl man’s and megaspace mercs. These all had fridges and microwaves and some had coffee machines (you’d have to be brave to use 1 though - coffee left in since whenever whoever had it before you or even before them used it last)

BUT, I know now they have XLX man’s, so I’ve no idea if they’ve spec’d all the trucks down?

They have satnav as an integral part of their microlise system I’m told.

#Marmite:laughing::lol:

waynedl:

toby1234abc:

The cabs when I worked there were all the top of the range you could get, topliner scania, ssc daf’s, xxl man’s and megaspace mercs. These all had fridges and microwaves and some had coffee machines (you’d have to be brave to use 1 though - coffee left in since whenever whoever had it before you or even before them used it last)

BUT, I know now they have XLX man’s, so I’ve no idea if they’ve spec’d all the trucks down?

I’ve seen Axor’s running around in Maritime colours

Semtex:

waynedl:

toby1234abc:

I’ve seen Axor’s running around in Maritime colours

Probably subbies?

the maritime axors were leased from tesco due to them delaying the opening of the new dagenham chilled RDC.now that the RDC is up and running the axors are back in the tesco fleet

europleb:
the maritime axors were leased from tesco due to them delaying the opening of the new dagenham chilled RDC.now that the RDC is up and running the axors are back in the tesco fleet

I don’t doubt your information, but I was delivering to Dagenham chill over 6 months ago and have seen them Axors since then. Maybe keeping a few for day/night drivers as opposed to trampers?

waynedl:

toby1234abc:

An XLX MAN is plenty big enough cab is it not :question: :exclamation:
Are the XXLs not nearly too big :question: :neutral_face:

Big Truck:

waynedl:

toby1234abc:

An XLX MAN is plenty big enough cab is it not :question: :exclamation:
Are the XXLs not nearly too big :question: :neutral_face:

I never said they wasn’t, I’ve done a lot of tramping in XLX cabs, DAF CF’s, Renault Premiums and lots of other cabs that some people say are too small for the job - they’re not, they’re just fine.

BUT, what I was pointing out is that Maritime always had the top cab, ie Topliner Scania, Globetrotter Volvo’s, XXL MAN’s, SSC DAF XF’s and Megaspace Mercs.
Now, they haven’t, so times are changing, how far this change will go I’ve no idea, but the change IS happening.

Call John Williams & get the lowdown? He is v. approachable. :slight_smile:

The axon’s from what i could see were on curtainsider work which possibly could just be day/night work.

There recent motor’s are 14 plate Scania high line’s

JG