maritime donny

any ideas what jobs like seen them advertising for day drivers. isit boxes or curtainsider work cheers.

I work for them at Northampton, work is fairly easy, depends if you are on Distribution (Curtainsiders), or Containers, I have just switched from nights to days from Monday, tackle is good, mostly new, all the Scania’s have microwave, fridge, freezer, and coffee machine as standard, MAN, VOLVO and MERC’S don’t have coffee machine, pretty good job as far as I am concerned.

Sapper

I work at Doncaster as Sapper says work is easy no handling of load all containers at mo but curtainsiders coming 10-12 a day average

Just dont damage the wagon.

Or go sick mate collapsed at Felixstowe one day off to get checked out got binned

£396 for a 55 hour week and £10 a day meal allowance, £10 and a bit after 55 hours.

So I’ve been told, accurate or not, I’m not sure.

selby newcomer:
£396 for a 55 hour week and £10 a day meal allowance, £10 and a bit after 55 hours.

After tax■■?

Went for an interview for a night job recently. £570 p/w before tax and n.i. Overtime is time and a half, bank hols double time. Days basic is less, but not sure how much.

Scannyfanny:

selby newcomer:

After tax■■?

I’m not sure, but I’d like to think its after tax, if not its ridiculous!! I was asking a maritime driver who works out of our place, he got a cal to go, so never got the full story

Was talking to one of their trampers while diesling up recently. He was telling me that their distribution drivers are taking hme upto £600 p/w, but you will work for that, and it’s made up of overtime as they are always over their basic 55 hours

nights t/h is about 460-490 a week depending on your tax code days is less but with more chance of overtime.the company pays 11 hours a day guaranteed then overtime if you do more,they also provide £100000 life insurance if you peg it while employed by them,there is a good company pension after a qualifying period, work is comparatively easy days is more of a pain with the office in your ear all the time changing your job ,nights you might get 1 phone call, the wagons at Donny are mainly Volvos with a couple of new scanias for the brown noses :grimacing: all have microwaves and fridges.
so far I’ve been treated fine by the management, I have read the stories, but it seems to me, if you turn up, do your job keep your mpg high and harsh braking low, and don’t be too much of a ■■■■ you’ll be fine.
also I have heard that if you meet the owner john Williams he will always remember your name everytime he sees you afterwards and no-one I’ve met so far has a bad word to say about him
so much for the lovefest ,I like my job and am happy with the money,the people I work with and the work im expected to do .

Well said Dave

Are Maritime runner the yard as well, cause the place is going downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle.

seen there advertising on net for 4 on 4 off day drivers thinking about applying.

knight:
Are Maritime runner the yard as well, cause the place is going downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle.

What do you mean■■? ^^^^^^