Maritime Doncaster 4 on 4 off

Can anybody give me a heads up on the job as I’ve got an interview next week. Never done this kind of work before as done flat work all my life. Like the idea of more time at home with the family so the four on four off appeals to me. Was told when I rung it was £123.50 a day for 11 hours guaranteed. Not sure on overtime or extra shifts so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

It’ll be a fellow called Cal that does the interview, a foreign fellow, but he’s the manager. As far as I know, day drivers at Doncaster get MANs and Scanias, and the trampers get the DAF XFs.

I don’t work for them, but I deal with them, and they’ll work you hard, that’s one thing Maritime are renowned for.

Another thing I heard from a Maritime driver is that if you’re on 4 on 4 off, you can really push your earnings up if you come in on a day-off.

Oh yes, and their vehicles are limited to 52mph.

Their transport office is a little hut, just to the side of the massive Ikea distribution centre, and the lads in their seem a nice bunch, very jovial. Cal seems a nice fellow too, and I remember him saying he was desperate for drivers. There is a yardman does the Ikea yard, a little Spanish fellow, and he’s a 24-carat plonker. He’ll step on your toes to check for safety boots, and kick-off if you take one step out of the walking zones. Try not to smack him, but no doubt you’ll bump into him!

Good luck, and you’ll be fine! :smiley:

If they offer you a job ask about the £150 a shift deal for 12 hours. Better money all round but they can enforce overtime days on you November & December. Maybe they don’t offer this on the Ikea contract, think it might be an Amazon thing, but worth asking if your interested.

The jobs easy, everything is in & out of the back doors on the Ikea contract as far as i’m aware & all the curtainsiders are XL rated so no hassle with strapping.

I would rather stick wasps up my arse than work for maritime from what I see of there operation,quite a few jobsworth idiots there too I have seen,enforcing h&s at any given opportunity

yorkshire terrier:
,enforcing h&s at any given opportunity

Perhaps if more people had in the past then there wouldn’t be as many drivers with knackered backs or in extreme cases, dead. Or maybe you’re one of those idiots who sees nothing wrong with opening the doors of a container and the back row of boxes falling on your head…

rob22888:
all the curtainsiders are XL rated so no hassle with strapping.

You may want to re-read the rules about XL curtains…

Conor:

rob22888:
all the curtainsiders are XL rated so no hassle with strapping.

You may want to re-read the rules about XL curtains…

I know full well what the rules are on XL trailers, rummage through my post history if your bothered. Putting a strap across the rear of the load is not hassle.

Rottweiler22:
It’ll be a fellow called Cal that does the interview, a foreign fellow, but he’s the manager. As far as I know, day drivers at Doncaster get MANs and Scanias, and the trampers get the DAF XFs.

I don’t work for them, but I deal with them, and they’ll work you hard, that’s one thing Maritime are renowned for.

Another thing I heard from a Maritime driver is that if you’re on 4 on 4 off, you can really push your earnings up if you come in on a day-off.

Their transport office is a little hut, just to the side of the massive Ikea distribution centre, and the lads in their seem a nice bunch, very jovial. Cal seems a nice fellow too, and I remember him saying he was desperate for drivers. There is a yardman does the Ikea yard, a little Spanish fellow, and he’s a 24-carat plonker. He’ll step on your toes to check for safety boots, and kick-off if you take one step out of the walking zones. Try not to smack him, but no doubt you’ll bump into him!

Is this “Cal” who used to be @ BIFT ?..if it is, he is Bulgarian IIRC, a really top bloke :wink: :sunglasses:

Conor:

yorkshire terrier:
,enforcing h&s at any given opportunity

Perhaps if more people had in the past then there wouldn’t be as many drivers with knackered backs or in extreme cases, dead. Or maybe you’re one of those idiots who sees nothing wrong with opening the doors of a container and the back row of boxes falling on your head…

Believe me I’m no idiot but h&s is beyond the joke now,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Going to attend the interview and see if I get a good vibe. Are they one of these companies that records you in cab and sacks you if you have a headlight bulb out etc? :open_mouth:

Sorry but if someone stamped on my foot i would stamp on his balls.

Who the ■■■■ to these people think they are?

Stanley Mitchell:

Rottweiler22:

Is this “Cal” who used to be @ BIFT ?..if it is, he is Bulgarian IIRC, a really top bloke :wink: :sunglasses:

It most likely is, I’m not sure of his exact nationality, but he has a strong Russian-like accent, so I imagine he’s Bulgarian. He’s the main man at Maritime in Doncaster now, so he’ll probably conduct the interview :smiley: