Maritime Day Drivers

Hello all, how are we doing? I’m thinking of leaving my current job and I want to try out for this lot. Their depot is in Northampton which is ideal for me and they are looking for drivers at the moment. Before I do all the applications and that have you got any info on them? You know the usual stuff money, hours, O/T etc. :unamused:

Thank You and be safe out there :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I worked there and I think day drivers were on £450 for 55 hrs and overtime was bout a tenner after 11 hrs a day. You also get£50 tax free meal allowance. As for the work can’t really say as I was out of Felixstowe.

gunner1983:
I worked there and I think day drivers were on £450 for 55 hrs and overtime was bout a tenner after 11 hrs a day. You also get£50 tax free meal allowance. As for the work can’t really say as I was out of Felixstowe.

Is that take home? If so that’s not too bad I might give it a go

Trucker8oy:

gunner1983:

Is that take home? If so that’s not too bad I might give it a go

No mate that’s before tax. Expect to clear anything between £380 and £450 as a day driver depending on hrs. Lots of hanging around in the morning waiting for a truck at northampton too

There ok, good fleet and pay.
Just give plenty of notice for time off for appointments etc.

[/quote]
No mate that’s before tax. Expect to clear anything between £380 and £450 as a day driver depending on hrs. Lots of hanging around in the morning waiting for a truck at northampton too
[/quote]
Well that’s a different story then… I bloody hate waiting around, I want to come in at 4am or something get the paperwork and keys and f…k off to do my shift. so I’m guessing that you don’t get your own unit then :unamused: :laughing:

You share with a night man, but if you’re motor is half hour away and stinky Pete pulls in, guess who’s motor you’re using

Had an interview with em ealier on in the year. this is what i was told, for nights it’s £550 before tax, after 11 hours o/t is time and a half, bank holiday is double time. They pay £50 for your medical when you need one, death in service pay. You are paid 11 hours whether you do it or not, and they don’t take the time back, so if one week you do 50 hours, and the next you do 60, the first week you get paid 55 hours, the 2nd you get 5 hours o/t.

I’ve spoken to the boss man on a Monday and asked him if they still had any vacancies left his said yes he took some details of me and said he’ll call me back in two days time. I’m after a day drivers job so any more info would be apreciated :slight_smile:

To be honest, when i got a call for the interview i was chuffed. Turned up and the bloke interviewing hadn’t read my c.v, and wasnt really expecting me

degsy4wheels:
To be honest, when i got a call for the interview i was chuffed. Turned up and the bloke interviewing hadn’t read my c.v, and wasnt really expecting me

Must run in the trade as I had an interview this morning with Wrefords in Northampton and the same thing happened but also the lady that arranged it hadn’t told anyone I was coming!, Still have to wait for a call to arrange a time to a have a driving assessment as no one to do it!.

Hope I hear back from Maritime as I really didn’t get a good vibe from this lot. :neutral_face:

450 for 55hrs! Sounds wnak to me :frowning:

Marmite…:exclamation::lol: