maritime contd.....

carrying on from earlier post which seems to have evaporated, the state of play with Maritime charging me for phantom trailer rental, I’ve had a letter from accounts refusing to pay my invoice for return of the hire fees charged for a 2 week period after I had ceased subcontracting!!

It would appear that theft is the order of the day and the only way to reclaim my money is through the courts.
Seems strange that they might want negative publicity in order to leg me up for £230, are they that hard up■■?

I guess we’ll find out in County Court shortly. :question:

that’s not good Madders !!!

btw. did you mean this thread ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46189&p=524348#p524139

maybe they are that hard up , just heard they have given 5 drivers fron avonmouth depot their notice !! they only have 9 so thtats a big percentage

yes, thanks Den that’s the thread I had ‘misplaced’!! bloody compoooters never have been my strong point!! :smiley:

shaw tarse:
maybe they are that hard up , just heard they have given 5 drivers fron avonmouth depot their notice !! they only have 9 so thtats a big percentage

it is actually 6.

the reason for this is that the Avonmouth depot have just a contract that used to keep them going, it is not a large depot, so the loss of that contract was a big one with the undesired effect of the redundancies.

that said, i have also heard that they have actually taken some drivers on in other depots

i am in no way trying to stick up for Maritime, i am just telling it like it is.

i always faniced going to leeds depot and even had a driving assessment booked last year, but ive heard so many bad reports about the leeds depot that i would have to be bloody hard stretched to go there.

i was talking to the fella that gave me my interview last year who is now on the road for them and he didnt sing their praises at all.

the geezer you spoke to was told one Monday morning his job had disappeared and back on the road was all there was. :frowning:

not a bad lad, not ■■■■■■ on power like the 2 stooges in the managers chairs.

update as of tody…

Maritime offered £30 plus VAT after receiving my final invoice before court action to reclaim my money. pm me for a read of the email if you wish.

cuckoo land.com!!! :smiley:

Just so you know that a corporate botting isn’t compulsory chaps, Maritime have paid the money at third and final invoice before court, this week…no letter, no anything, just a handwritten cheque in the post from Ipswich.

job done.

Must have been an order from higher up the food chain me thinks■■? :smiley:

Well done mate…bit of patience and perseverance has paid dividends for you.
Half these big companies just throw a lot of red tape in the way and hope the little man will give up , and a lot probably do in a situation like this

BUT NOT MADDERS

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Blissy:
Well done mate…bit of patience and perseverance has paid dividends for you.
Half these big companies just throw a lot of red tape in the way and hope the little man will give up , and a lot probably do in a situation like this

BUT NOT MADDERS

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well said. :smiley: :wink:

thanks men,

just can’t abide anyone playing silly buggers with cash I’ve struggled to make in the first place, it would have been worth spending£1000 to make it right.

Without having a go you never know!! (that’s Shakespeare y’know)

:smiley:

Good on yer Madders ! :grimacing:

maritime keep askin me to do spot hire work ex the northwest… payment terms 60 days :imp: … they can keep phoning