Marios Cafe

The owner of Marios(burnt out on A1) has taken over the Quernhow Cafe on A1 just north of Ripon Turn off

open 24 Hrs/changed menu

BUT Charging £6.50 overnight parking(NO discounts for Food Etc)
Londonderry is stilll cheaper at £3.50 8 miles up the road

Wowwww was the Insurance payout that big :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone know where there’s a cheap Portakabin going :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Of course I am not implying that anything underhand took place, but certainly makes you wonder:

A) Just how much profit was Mario’s Making on a Breakfast

B) How much did the Insurance Cough up ?

There’s been no charge for parking at Quernow for a while now according to my mate so thats going to upset the regulars :laughing: :laughing:

Is he having a Barbecue to celebrate?

At least the food was cooked properly for once in that cabin. :laughing:

Bt qqqQuernhow won’t be as full up now. It is always full but if the drivers have to pay you might as well go in a lay-by on the top of the A66.

I thought there was a waiting limit to the laybys round Scotch Corner to allow for overnight trailer changes.

muckles:
I thought there was a waiting limit to the laybys round Scotch Corner to allow for overnight trailer changes.

Quernhow is about 20 miles south of Scotch Corner

The sign says “Under new management”
so I suppose they are leaseing the site?

Yes there are lay-by restrictions in the Scotch Corner area.

I actually remember a few years ago,Quernhow coming up for sale,because I looked into it,to see how much it was.Included in the sale,was the land behind the trees,which is a caravan park.Now as you know,the land in front of the cafe was all redeveloped recently and the old house in the corner,even had new windows put in,but no-one seems to live there.

Anyhow,getting back to my original opener,the asking price at the time was a staggering £750.000. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So if it’s still for sale,how much is it worth today?

Ken.

Quinny:
So if it’s still for sale,how much is it worth today?

■■■■ you Ken, no wonder the price went up when I went back to view it 2 yrs ago, they said there was another interested party and I thought they were trying it on :laughing: :laughing:

Value today appears to be 1,000,000 Fried Eggs, 222,000 slices of toast and a burnt out shell on the A1 at Retford as part Ex Lol

makes you think of the old ice cream wars ■■

oddsodz:
makes you think of the old ice cream wars ■■

That wasn’t you was it Oddz Lol

Them were the days LMFAO I forgot about the Cold War until you reminded me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

About 1 or 2 miles south of Quernow there was a pub (Since demolished) on the other side, it was a great night out with free parking and the best Yorkshire Pud on the planet :laughing:

Does anyone remember what it was called :question:

think that was THE BEDALE HUNT

Thats the place :slight_smile: many a good night out had there :laughing:

The lad who ran that Pat was a driver, I worked with his father.

I knew his ex missus too but thats another story for an x rated site :blush: