Marc's (Mark's) Luuxembourg

When i was younger and skiving off school, and in the school holidays, (late 70’s,early 80’s) i used to go with me dad, quite often to Switzerland, and one of the memories i have is of stopping for diesel in Luxembourg at or near Capellen.
The reason why this place stands out for me as a nipper is that when you went into the building, the whole back of the wall was covered with photos of lorries.
I was wondering if anyone can remember this place, or even better, if they have any photos?

I called into see Marc about six weeks ago, unlike many I had’nt had the pleasure of stopping there for about 15 years. Wow! You would’nt recognise the place nowadays. It’s almost a Services, but without the Resteraunt. All cars at the front and all lorries round the back in four rows wide. Marc was still there, he came trotting out of the office upstairs to see me, still the same happy smiling bloke he always was. He is not the Boss now, he sold off the business and now goes in to manage it each day. He said that he is just about ready to throw it in completely, the family are off his hands now, so him and his New Wife can go where they like, when they like, and so he’s going to take his Pension and with what he’s got he will just go on a big long holiday permanently . It was great to see him, and good to sit and chat for a while. I will call in again when we go past there later this year, just to see if he has done it. :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers for that Archie, i will let my dad know, he did stop there a lot so will be glad to know he’s doing ok.

Used to stop and see Mr and Mrs Mark and the big dog regularly 24/7. :slight_smile:

Btw kindle,is that the Norfolk or Suffolk way of spelling Lux? :laughing:

Ooops, sory boy, dint notice that!

SOoooooo… the next question has to be " Hev ya gotta loit,booy?" :laughing:
English translation required.

That dont need no translashun, thus obvious wot that mean boi!

youtube.com/watch?v=GtS61PESUWY

Hey, About fuel stations, who remember de Loppem BP sevices Belgium motorway Ostend Brussels (if you can call it so) because it was a small shop with some coffee and some fuelpomps. Normally well know by de Britsh,always full with GB trucks in the morning (only palce for about6,7 artics) because it opened only at 7 in the morning. And they wanted to fuel up before gowing to Ostend or Zeebruges.
There was a pump at the side of the exit too if you went to Zeebruges.
It was replaced by the Jabbeke service area in the beginning of the '80’s

Bye Eric,

kindle530:
That dont need no translashun, thus obvious wot that mean boi!

youtube.com/watch?v=GtS61PESUWY

Classic stuff,and that was top of the UK charts! :laughing: p
Can’t beat nostalgia.