Maratime

alder:
All your work is planned in order and relayed to a screen in the cab which is also your sat nav, manifest and works phone in one neat device, can’t remember what it is called but as I say excellent kit, most units are Scanias but there are some Volvos as well (Leeds).

Microlise :slight_smile:

alder:

bald bloke:
Wouldn’t say that £525 for 55 hrs work is that special, I know you might get o/t on top but I always go on the basics.

It is actually £475 plus £50 food allowance. Yeah I get better pay where I am so was not bothered about not getting it in the end. I have a feeling that Maritime get you working 11 hours per day most of the time and rarely pay you 11 for 9 hours.

So that’s £8.64 per hour. Pretty poor really.

david2867:
Got interview and driving assessment anyone know rates of pay please

£150 per shift days,£170 nights

David… you went for interview n assessment a while back at bardon maritime amazon. Is it any good mate…assuming u got the job I mean. Do get the 4 days and overtime?
Also I hear its containers down to Southampton docks and back…whats the average shifr length.
Ive inly been driving 7 months but interested.
Where I work have to do 60plus hours even to get £500 a week

You get a microwave and a kettle in the cab . . :sunglasses:
Where do i sign.

space1999:
David… you went for interview n assessment a while back at bardon maritime amazon. Is it any good mate…assuming u got the job I mean. Do get the 4 days and overtime?
Also I hear its containers down to Southampton docks and back…whats the average shifr length.
Ive inly been driving 7 months but interested.
Where I work have to do 60plus hours even to get £500 a week

it’s not containers from Bardon,it’s curtainsider work,running to Amazon depots.4 of our drivers have left to go there…i’ll let you know if i get any feedback…or if they come back with their tails between their legs :laughing:

The 4 on/4 off deal with Maritime at the moment is £150 per shift. That consists of £125 basic, £15 shift allowance and £10 meal allowance. If your on nights add £20 onto the basic. 12 hour shifts, overtime if you do more.

It’s a fair rise from what it was before, reason being there is now a clause in the contract which obligates you to work 5/6 day weeks where required from November to 24th December. Their way of covering the busy Xmas period for Amazon without breaking their ‘no agency’ policy I suppose, but also means your possibly on £750-£900 a week before overtime in the run up to Christmas, more on nights.

rob22888:
The 4 on/4 off deal with Maritime at the moment is £150 per shift. That consists of £125 basic, £15 shift allowance and £10 meal allowance. If your on nights add £20 onto the basic. 12 hour shifts, overtime if you do more.

It’s a fair rise from what it was before, reason being there is now a clause in the contract which obligates you to work 5/6 day weeks where required from November to 24th December. Their way of covering the busy Xmas period for Amazon without breaking their ‘no agency’ policy I suppose, but also means your possibly on £750-£900 a week before overtime in the run up to Christmas, more on nights.

on the 5th and 6th days that they may require you to work,there is a ‘stand-by’ payment of £50 per day,whether you work it or not.so,on those ‘6 day weeks’,on days you would earn £1,000

Grand a week @ marmite, ■■■■ off…[emoji1]

rob22888:
…their ‘no agency’ policy…

Marratime just went up in my estimations.

Suedehead:
Where do i sign.

Stick some spotlights on the unit and some daft prick will drive it for £8/hour, stay out all week and dump in the bushes because they’re living the dream.
Is there a prize on this forum for how many threads on Maritime there are, all spelt differently? How about a thread on hauling long green vegetables in containers? Marrowtime.

Wardaddy:

Suedehead:
Where do i sign.

Stick some spotlights on the unit and some daft prick will drive it for £8/hour, stay out all week and dump in the bushes because they’re living the dream.
Is there a prize on this forum for how many threads on Maritime there are, all spelt differently? How about a thread on hauling long green vegetables in containers? Marrowtime.

Or one getting stuck somewhere - narrowtime…
Or wedding transport - marriagetime…
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

Wardaddy:

Suedehead:
Where do i sign.

Slow unloading at Cemex…
…Barrowtime.

Wardaddy:

DAF95XF:

Wardaddy:

Suedehead:
Where do i sign.

Slow unloading at Cemex…
…Barrowtime.

I think we’re on borrowedtime now :laughing: :laughing: