MapFactor - PC Navigator 9 Truck

Is anybody using MapFactor - PC Navigator 9 Truck, is it any good.
i been playing around with it for a few days at home and im not sure it does what it says on the tin, it avoids most low bridges and weight limits :slight_smile: but will send you down single track roads to do so :imp: .
just wondering if anbody has used it on the road

why not take it for a spin in your car first, that way you dont have to worry about getting stuck if it advises you to go the wrong way.

theres a version 10 out, why not try that?

have you change the setting to avoid this in unnamed road this is in the veihicle settings start up

cheers alix :blush: :blush: :blush: how did i miss that
another problem i have found with it is if it cant find a truck route, it will throw you a car route with a warning that it passes through a restricted area but no indication of where the restriction is at on the route or what the restriction is.

I got a 60 day trial of version 10 which expired after 1 week and theres no way im paying 250quid just to try it out
since it uses the same map data as the tomtom, i thought it would be worth a go but so far its trailing far behind

The tomtom does the same tho, gives you a car route and doesnt tell you where the restriction is, usually tho on a tomtom the restriction will either be where you currently are or near your destination, you can go to the map view and it will show a purple line so you just replan so dont go into any of those lines, the mapfactor software should have something similar.

What device are you using it on if its a wm PDA then look at copilot truck can remember the price though I have UK Ireland running on a HTC touchcruize all day with no probs considering I have access to copilot mapfactor 9 and TomTom 7000 the copilot software is the one Iā€™m using day in day out it uses navteq data
Since when was using the same map data astomtom being a reason for buying a Satnav application :stuck_out_tongue:
Having said that the mapfactor app does work very well andi have used it extensively I have had time to use 10 yet I did have a download from directions UK butit expired before I could download it and havehad time to get in touch with them to sort it out

Im using it on a 10" netbook/notebook and the copilot is 160 for euro truck and 115 for uk/ire truck and it looks likes its a download only, no cd
Its just easier to compare the two when there using the same maps
The 10 version has a couple of extra buttons in the menu but i never got a chance to figure out what they do, other than that, it looked the same as the 9 version

bubsy06:
The tomtom does the same tho, gives you a car route and doesnt tell you where the restriction is, usually tho on a tomtom the restriction will either be where you currently are or near your destination, you can go to the map view and it will show a purple line so you just replan so dont go into any of those lines, the mapfactor software should have something similar.

The tomtom tells you theres no truck route available and gives you the option to choose a car route, the mapfactor plans a route and tells you there is restrictions on it and thats it, no purple lines to show you where the restriction is at unless its a road you blocked your self.
Having it on a big screen is the only improvment over the tomtom, everything elese is a step backwards