Map, App....

I’ve got myself a Phillips navigator but it’s big and hard to use on a daily basis. I.e sat in your seat it’s just so huge then if you want to note down you route etc. It would be great on an office desk but no good for me in the truck!

I’ve been hunting for an app which is a map that also displays all the info needed by us.
Weight limits, bridge heights, width restrictions etc.

This comes as my nozatec sat nav isn’t playing ball at all and another guy on the same route as me the other day was using a Tomtom and his was telling us “no HGV route available” or what ever it says, while mine thought it was just a good idea to “crack on”. when there actually was a route which we found using the atlas.

Any help would be great

nozatec have the wrong set of map files so they dont have bridge height info and probably weight limits either.

try other cheap satnav (approx £70-80) i am using one and it is not too bad really

I have bought the truck version and you can input the size and weight of your truck etc but as I said it’s a bit of a joke.
I want somthing like google maps but showing bridges etc.

You can get an overlay for Google Maps that shows low bridges - not too sure how I actually got it on my iphone but if you look at https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Oe_JpfMDo2vauT50ZBfUIrmTgiw&hl=en_US it shows you what can be displayed.

Rattray:
it’s too big and hard to use on a daily basis.

Not what your Mrs says. :laughing:
I just use Google Maps nowadays, I can’t remember when I last used an atlas. I do have Here as a backup but when I do use it, I keep getting messages on my phone about various updates.

i never knew a later could be put onto google maps.
Cheers for posting that link.

If you want a truckers satnav app then Aponia is pretty good.

tallyman:
You can get an overlay for Google Maps that shows low bridges - not too sure how I actually got it on my iphone but if you look at https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Oe_JpfMDo2vauT50ZBfUIrmTgiw&hl=en_US it shows you what can be displayed.

Didnt know this existed on google maps , cheers ! .