Many thanks to Luke Vernon AKA Switchlogic

Are you on with any new videos switch :question: :question: my lad has done more miles with you than bertie has,he must mention every other day,i wonder when lukes doing another video :wink: :wink:

Luke, let me run this past you.
Have you thought about contacting a tv co with your video format, you could be the Trucking Chef in a reality type programme, the same way as the hairy bikers for example. Or there’s a programme I am told by the wife, called the “Hungry Sailors” (no, seriously :smiley: ) it could be fame and fortune at last.
If you think it’s a goer and it turns out to be a success just remember who put the idea in your head… I’m thinking future agent with a percentage :wink: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Wow, thanks everyone, not been online past couple of days as Ive spent them puking up into a bucket! Ironically from a rare occasion I didn’t cook.

As for paper plates, horrible wasteful. Used them at Glastonbury for convenience and winced everytime I put one in the bin! In fact a pet hate when on ferry is seeing drivers finish their coffee or whatever and go get a new one using a new paper cup! I hate wastefulness.

And the train, well first time I got on that I had been working for about 20 hours (good old HSF), at 5 in the morning on my third day in a LHD lorry, and proceeded to take the diesel tank off! I do think I had a few mitigating circumstances though!

Thanks again, nice to see the videos do what I wanted them to, eating well is easy and being a lorry driver is no excuse not to.

ONWARD

With you on the waste hate it find it so wrong I throw as little out as poss

Have been know to take my cup with me so no waste

As well as eating well,how about ,exercise! I’ve recently been on a health kick and started doing press ups when I can(when nobody’s about) and sit ups in the cab , sounds bad but I do feel better for it.

Due to injury I have physio to do twice a day can be done in cab easily

Also check this for fitness / workout

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=109325

robroy:
Have you thought about contacting a tv co with your video format, you could be the Trucking Chef in a reality type programme, the same way as the hairy bikers for example. Or there’s a programme I am told by the wife, called the “Hungry Sailors” (no, seriously :smiley: ) it could be fame and fortune at last.
If you think it’s a goer and it turns out to be a success just remember who put the idea in your head… I’m thinking future agent with a percentage :wink: :smiley:

Cooking I’d jump on, but Ive had TV people approach me a a few times (for most of the non Stobart shows mentioned on here past couple of years!) asking me to audition and met with a couple but I’m not overly comfortable with that reality over dramatised bull. Ive spent ages showing how its possible for this job to be pretty stress free so I couldn’t just flick a switch and turn every minor problem into a disaster. Also when I look like a fool in my videos its because I made myself look like a fool, the reality chaps dont have that control. Take the Stobart chaps, I dare say most of them are really nice chaps, but really nice doesn’t make good TV. Film me for a week and no doubt they’d get a few minutes that could make me look like a ■■■■■■, as they could with any of us. So no, unless something like cooking came up its a no. If you want to get going round TV companies with that RobRoy we can talk fees later… :wink:

As for the new videos hang tight, been off work and stuff and currently misplaced my laptop charger, have videos all ready to edit together so when charger turns up its chock away, or indeed ONWARD

Thanks for kind words again everybody, cheered me up after what has been a really grim week!

glastonbury has done you luke , :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

You’re not kidding. It was my fifth (in a row) and the hardest by far. Need are think for next time

Hay luke would you do a video of you driving your camper

switchlogic:
You’re not kidding. It was my fifth (in a row) and the hardest by far. Need are think for next time

Not feeling rough after too many recreational narcotics are we Luke? :wink: :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
After watching some of Lukes cooking vids on YouTube at the weekend it has given me the kick up the arse I needed and I’ve decided to start cooking my own meals after far too long of paying extortionate prices for nearly always crap grub and usually not good for you on the long run.
My cooking exploits in the past go as far as beans on toast and lobbing a pizza in the oven :grimacing: so suffice to say I’m starting of doing easy stuff at the min, well it’s still a bit hard for me! :smiley:
I bought a load of stuff Mon night such as 2 saucepans, 2 frying pans, a grill pan and a wok, utensils, chopping boards, plates etc. This week I’ve done myself chicken stir fry 2 nights and I must say it was very nice and I was pleased with the results ( I didn’t end up with the [zb] anyway :grimacing: )
I’ve got 2 salmon fillets for tonight with a tin of new potatoes and green beans and I’ve bought some curry sauce and rice for next weeks ruby Murry :smiley:
Yes it can be a pain having to wash up after yourself and if you have done a 13-15 hour shift most times you don’t want to spend about an hour preparing, eating your food then washing up but at least you know what’s in your grub.
To the lads on here that Cook for themselves what’s the most exotic or adventurous bit of grub you have knocked up and if you’ve any tips fire them this way, I’ll be happy to listen :smiley:

How will you do the Tin :bulb:
Roast ir or just back it :question:
:grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

switchlogic:

Not feeling rough after too many recreational narcotics are we Luke? :wink: :smiley:

You may very well think that, I couldn’t possibly comment. (Sorry just fancied a Francis Urqhart quote)

switchlogic:

robroy:

Cooking I’d jump on, but Ive had TV people approach me a a few times (for most of the Stobart show mentioned on here past couple if years!) asking me to audition and met with a couple but I’m not overly comfortable with that reality over dramatised bull. Ive spent ages showing how its possible for this job to be pretty stress free so I couldn’t just flick a switch and turn every minor problem into a disaster. Also when I look like a fool in my videos its because I made myself look like a fool, the reality chaps dont have that control. Take the Stobart chaps, I dare say most of them are really nice chaps, but really nice doesn’t make good TV. Film me for a week and no doubt they’d get a few minutes that could make me look like a ■■■■■■, as they could with any of us. So no, unless something like cooking came up its a no. If you want to get going round TV companies with that RobRoy we can talk fees later… :wink:

As for the new videos hang tight, been off work and stuff and currently misplaced my laptop charger, have videos all ready to edit together so when charger turns up its chock away, or indeed ONWARD

Thanks for kind words again everybody, cheered me up after what has been a really grim week!

I was involved in a reality TV show ,and hated every second of it ! Every scenario was setup and staged the crew were nearly all two faced yes men (and ladies) it was an eye opener, stick to you tube Luke,until such time as you’re sure you’ll call the shots because they will manipulate you to how they want you to be viewed!

gickniff:
I was involved in a reality TV show ,and hated every second of it !

Do tell

gickniff:

switchlogic:

robroy:

Cooking I’d jump on, but Ive had TV people approach me a a few times (for most of the Stobart show mentioned on here past couple if years!) asking me to audition and met with a couple but I’m not overly comfortable with that reality over dramatised bull. Ive spent ages showing how its possible for this job to be pretty stress free so I couldn’t just flick a switch and turn every minor problem into a disaster. Also when I look like a fool in my videos its because I made myself look like a fool, the reality chaps dont have that control. Take the Stobart chaps, I dare say most of them are really nice chaps, but really nice doesn’t make good TV. Film me for a week and no doubt they’d get a few minutes that could make me look like a ■■■■■■, as they could with any of us. So no, unless something like cooking came up its a no. If you want to get going round TV companies with that RobRoy we can talk fees later… :wink:

I was involved in a reality TV show ,and hated every second of it ! Every scenario was setup and staged the crew were nearly all two faced yes men (and ladies) it was an eye opener, stick to you tube Luke,until such time as you’re sure you’ll call the shots because they will manipulate you to how they want you to be viewed!

Good advice, thanks. Thing is YouTube and the like is the future. There are big YouTube stars with over a million subscribers who’ve never been on TV and make a living off ad revenue. I wont reach that level but with YouTube all the control is yours. Besides I dont think I could turn on what I do that easily in front of others, I treat the camera like I’m talking to a friend, if other people were around I’d end up talking to them and not the camera thus loosing all point.

m1cks:

gickniff:
I was involved in a reality TV show ,and hated every second of it !

Do tell

It wasn’t me directly, it was my mum on a makeover programme years ago , they asked me to take part as part of the “family” I said I really didn’t want to be on TV but they said it would help my mums cause on the show! It was dreadful , they even wanted me to have a day off work just to wave her off as she left for the makeover (which was a fake departure) and wouldn’t take no for an answer!! In the end I said yes but didn’t turn up,my wife gave them some excuse and they got on with it anyway!

switchlogic:
Wow, thanks everyone, not been online past couple of days as Ive spent them puking up into a bucket! Ironically from a rare occasion I didn’t cook.

As for paper plates, horrible wasteful. Used them at Glastonbury for convenience and winced everytime I put one in the bin! In fact a pet hate when on ferry is seeing drivers finish their coffee or whatever and go get a new one using a new paper cup! I hate wastefulness.

And the train, well first time I got on that I had been working for about 20 hours (good old HSF), at 5 in the morning on my third day in a LHD lorry, and proceeded to take the diesel tank off! I do think I had a few mitigating circumstances though!

Thanks again, nice to see the videos do what I wanted them to, eating well is easy and being a lorry driver is no excuse not to.

ONWARD

Saw your FH750 coming upto Whitfield nr Dover on the A2, just before the McDonald’s, don’t worry the driver had her flat to the mat :smiley:

Last night? The driver was me. One of the downsides of tramping is days off sick are almost impossible.

switchlogic:
Last night? The driver was me. One of the downsides of tramping is days off sick are almost impossible.

Did you say on another post not long ago that you don’t get across the water as often as you used to Luke?

Yep, but it comes and goes